Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
As I mentioned before put the circlip on top groove and it takes it from 360 from rim centre to guard to 380 with empty tank,tank 3/4 full drops rear to 370 just nice.

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Sounds good JohnRedline. Glad you're happy with how it worked out.
LS1SS, have you got any pics yet with the circlip on the top?

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Sounds good JohnRedline. Glad you're happy with how it worked out.
LS1SS, have you got any pics yet with the circlip on the top?
Is it easy to move the circlip or do I need to take it back to them?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
I rang around first to see how easy it was to move the circlip,every one said easy no traps so went ahead and found it super easy with flat face circlip pliers,I did mine by spring compressors,tighten compressors up then let lower control arm drop via jack,move collar up and just move circlip up to top notch,real easy with out disassembly of suspension,car is nice and tight firm,my old VK Brockets Commodore rode about about the same,very happy with the result,370 front and rear,shall take some fotos soon.

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I rang around first to see how easy it was to move the circlip,every one said easy no traps so went ahead and found it super easy with flat face circlip pliers,I did mine by spring compressors,tighten compressors up then let lower control arm drop via jack,move collar up and just move circlip up to top notch,real easy with out disassembly of suspension,car is nice and tight firm,my old VK Brockets Commodore rode about about the same,very happy with the result,370 front and rear,shall take some fotos soon.
This is how mine sits.
Comments welcome!

Attachments

• 735517CB-99CD-46A4-A55A-9A6F93B5E375.jpeg
    735517CB-99CD-46A4-A55A-9A6F93B5E375.jpeg
    936.8 KB · Views: 394

Harli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
This is how mine sits.
Comments welcome!
I wonder if the weight of the rear spoiler plays any role in the rear ride height. Would a car with lip spoiler sit differently? I guess this would depend on how much the spoiler weighs.

Anyway car looks very nice and thanks for sharing. It is very helpful for people still trying to make up their minds on how to lower their car. For me, I am not keen on just lowering springs because many have mentioned that the ride is not great. I would prefer to do springs and shocks as you have done.

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I wonder if the weight of the rear spoiler plays any role in the rear ride height. Would a car with lip spoiler sit differently? I guess this would depend on how much the spoiler weighs.

Anyway car looks very nice and thanks for sharing. It is very helpful for people still trying to make up their minds on how to lower their car. For me, I am not keen on just lowering springs because many have mentioned that the ride is not great. I would prefer to do springs and shocks as you have done.
Don’t even think about just doing springs. Trust me, it’s crap and it will be a waste of money. I have been there done that! These bilsteins feel great. I am very happy. Ride is firmer than stock but in a nice way. Here’s another angle. I am very happy with how it sits, rides and handles.

Attachments

• 33115E86-F52C-49F3-BFF4-22699ED3ABDA.jpeg
    33115E86-F52C-49F3-BFF4-22699ED3ABDA.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 349

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
It needs to come down a little at the front.

Ideally yes, but that’s what one gets with eibach. I still like it and wouldn’t want the front any lower. Best to go with coilovers if one wants total control over ride heights but for a daily drive, I didn’t want all those moving parts on a coilover and the resultant risk of getting noises and squeaks which can happen. The bilsteins and eibach are so far very quiet. What have you got on the Ute?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The bilsteins and eibach are so far very quiet. What have you got on the Ute?

Coilovers

360mm from hub centre to guard lip all round.
You can see the ride height in post #14 on the first page of this thread.

Last edited: