Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Approx 30mm
[/QUOTE]
Anybody want to buy my bilstein B8 plus eibach springs? Only installed in April and done just 5000km. I am going for coil overs. Don’t get me wrong though, the B8 and eibach are unreal in ride and handling. Make an offer.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Anybody want to buy my bilstein B8 plus eibach springs? Only installed in April and done just 5000km. I am going for coil overs. Don’t get me wrong though, the B8 and eibach are unreal in ride and handling. Make an offer.[/QUOTE]

Where you located? I'd imagine they would fit my lowered Pedders springs too. I'm on stock shocks, with 20s and low profile tyres, the pain.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Anybody want to buy my bilstein B8 plus eibach springs? Only installed in April and done just 5000km. I am going for coil overs. Don’t get me wrong though, the B8 and eibach are unreal in ride and handling. Make an offer.[/QUOTE]

Whats the reason you are selling?? FYI not sure if you noticed however Eibach have released a new set of springs for the VF. Previously they sold one set that claimed to have suited the VE and VF sedan. Now they have added a new set just for VF and changed the description on the original set to VE only. I contacted Eibach and they claim that the new set designed for VF has the same rear springs as the VE ones but the fronts are lower so you get a more even look of approx. 360mm on all four wheels. A bit annoying really but it is what it is. Personally I wouldn't want to go any lower that 370mm so the new Eibachs wouldnt be suitable for me. Id be happy with a set of springs that lower by 20mm on all 4 so that I can keep the stock shocks happy and not run the risk of scraping the undercarriage. Maybe Kings or Pedders?

Last edited:

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Thanks for the tip on the new VF eibach but a little pissed that I was sold what they said were VF springs and yes, was thinking of coilovers only because of the way the front sit. Mine at at 380 front and 360 rear. Otherwise everything else is brilliant including ride and handling so I will just replace the front springs with the supposedly new VF pro kit and it should look perfect. Cheers.

Anybody want to buy my bilstein B8 plus eibach springs? Only installed in April and done just 5000km. I am going for coil overs. Don’t get me wrong though, the B8 and eibach are unreal in ride and handling. Make an offer.

Whats the reason you are selling?? FYI not sure if you noticed however Eibach have released a new set of springs for the VF. Previously they sold one set that claimed to have suited the VE and VF sedan. Now they have added a new set just for VF and changed the description on the original set to VE only. I contacted Eibach and they claim that the new set designed for VF has the same rear springs as the VE ones but the fronts are lower so you get a more even look of approx. 360mm on all four wheels. A bit annoying really but it is what it is. Personally I wouldn't want to go any lower that 370mm so the new Eibachs wouldnt be suitable for me. Id be happy with a set of springs that lower by 20mm on all 4 so that I can keep the stock shocks happy and not run the risk of scraping the undercarriage. Maybe Kings or Pedders?[/QUOTE]

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Thanks for the tip on the new VF eibach but a little pissed that I was sold what they said were VF springs and yes, was thinking of coilovers only because of the way the front sit. Mine at at 380 front and 360 rear. Otherwise everything else is brilliant including ride and handling so I will just replace the front springs with the supposedly new VF pro kit and it should look perfect. Cheers.

Yes and me too, however I suspect some other manufacturers are also making the same error. Pedders for example, their Sportsrider springs are being advertised to suit both VE and VF.

Jaylaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 MY15 VF SSV Redline
Spot on. I originally went King SL in the rear and L in the front. I wasn't happy with the look of the Ls in the front, so I replaced the L in the fronts for SL. So now I have SLs all round and it looks much better for me. With a proper alignment, my SSvR steers and handles pretty darn good .

View attachment 202801

Photoshopped, has diff wheels on it haahaha

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Photoshopped, has diff wheels on it haahaha

No worries. So I guess this is also photoshopped too. o_O:rolleyes::p;)

Resized_20181201_102906.jpeg

Anyway, this is what my rig looks like now with S1 Redline rims all round.

Resized_20200113_122624.jpeg

Attachments

• Resized_20181201_102906.jpeg
    Resized_20181201_102906.jpeg
    428.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Resized_20200113_122624.jpeg
    Resized_20200113_122624.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 229
Last edited: