Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 catch can install pics with OTR

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Cheers LS1SS

Just got them here in Brissie they’re Holley LS Tall covers (I think). Does away with the ugly factory coil pack mounting bracket & orientates the coils in opposing directions. Gives a bit more clearance to the valve gear than stock to. The leads are aftermarket but factory leads fit perfect too. I also put woven titanium heat shield tubing from RCE over the leads

Thanks Flo Rida,

My rocker covers arrived yesterday with chips in the paint. it looks like the filler cap has been rattling around in there. the other side was also very light on with paint looking more like overspray than paint! :( VPW don't have any more in stock for another 8-10 weeks so I think I will look at re-painting these which means I can match the red to the brakes better than the red is now. :) Some good may come out of my misfortune.

What did you do with the two vents in the rocker covers? Just leave them plugged, or connect a hose to them and join them together?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Thanks Flo Rida,

My rocker covers arrived yesterday with chips in the paint. it looks like the filler cap has been rattling around in there. the other side was also very light on with paint looking more like overspray than paint! :( VPW don't have any more in stock for another 8-10 weeks so I think I will look at re-painting these which means I can match the red to the brakes better than the red is now. :) Some good may come out of my misfortune.

What did you do with the two vents in the rocker covers? Just leave them plugged, or connect a hose to them and join them together?

As a minimum run your right hand bank into the foul air hose back into your air box and plug the left (passenger) bank.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Thanks Flo Rida,

I hope you got a good discount if they were dinged up? I got mine from Chris at Western Suburbs Mechanical in Brisbane. He might have others there if you can get a refund

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I fit an Elite 2 catch can the other day. Due to keeping the sound enhancer diaphragm, I had to mount the catch can closer to the tensioner pulley. Theirs around 7mm clearance. Do you guy's think that's enough clearance? The tensioner pulley moves slightly towards the catch can when revving.

Resized_20180515_210751.jpeg

Resized_20180515_210742.jpeg
Resized_20180515_210751.jpeg

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I fit an Elite 2 catch can the other day. Due to keeping the sound enhancer diaphragm, I had to mount the catch can closer to the tensioner pulley. Theirs around 7mm clearance. Do you guy's think that's enough clearance? The tensioner pulley moves slightly towards the catch can when revving.

View attachment 199377

View attachment 199378 View attachment 199377
You can use the catch can as a 'belt stretch indicator', if you see rub mark, time for a new belt!:D

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
You can use the catch can as a 'belt stretch indicator', if you see rub mark, time for a new belt!:D

Was just thinking that but woukd like to avoid any contact if possible.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Do you guy's think that's enough clearance?

From those pics, it looks like the pulley would contact the rear side of the can (if that makes sense).

Can you adjust the mount / add a spacer(s) to bring it forward thereby increasing the gap from can to pulley given the can turns away from the pulley after the centre line of the can.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Thanks Murdoch,

I only spent a week with the catch can in my hand trying to find the best place to fit it before I found the 2 x M8 holes in the front of the engine. Haha

Measured the position of the holes, modelled the plate on CAD, cut it out, bent it and it all bolted straight up. I used Speedflow 10mm Silcone vacuum hose and it literally took 10 minutes to install.

I have only done 50km with it on, but when you pull the dipstick you can smell the oil vapors in there!
You should sell those brackets...just sayin.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
From those pics, it looks like the pulley would contact the rear side of the can (if that makes sense).

Can you adjust the mount / add a spacer(s) to bring it forward thereby increasing the gap from can to pulley given the can turns away from the pulley after the centre line of the can.

I'll give it a try, Thanks.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Yeah, if you can move it forward, it'll have plenty of clearance.