Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSA LTFT reading high at low rpm. What should I do

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Hi all,

Got high LTFT's in low rpms on modified LSA. What do you reckon, is it a trip to the tuner or not worry about it? I do have HP Tuners if anyone knows where I should be looking if it is something that can be fixed at home. I'm picking the VE table is off as MAF is only enabled after 1800rpm.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    38 KB · Views: 149

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, red is bad. This is a naughty puzzle

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Tuner might have to re do the low speed fueling map.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
what are the STFT doing ? as the LTFT some are maxing out trying to add fuel, if the STFT are also as much they it is a real issue ( not that its not an issue already) most would prefer those in the +/- 3-5% range, also there is no such thing as MAF ONLY the vve coefficients are always there and used dependent on conditions so always make sure the VVE table is populated correctly, below your 1800rpm it is a blended maf/vve

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Couple of cells it's working hard. The cam is pretty aggressive. Have got a high stall in to stop surge.

I've had a look at the VVE table and compared it to a stock file. It hasn't been touched.

I've got the histogram filtered as there is a lot of data that could skew what I'm trying to look at. DFCO, PE, TqMgt events etc etc.

Have been in touch with the tuner this evening, he is going to make some changes. He suggested with larger cams sometimes it can be a lot of iterations to get the off idle / low air flow areas dialled in. Work in progress...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 123

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
bit of EOIT can help idle and low/mid rpm areas with a camshaft, the MAP dosnt look to bad for a camshaft should be reasonable to dial in just takes time n testing

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just had a quick compare, that is all as per stock also. Just had to do a quick search for EOIT and what it can do, came across a thread with a person with a smelly idle. Mines like that.

I'm not sure if some tuners like their customers starting to educate themselves.... That said, I'd much prefer to mention a few things, provide some good data logs and then pay the bill.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
tuning is a never ending process and there are always new things to learn, if u can give me your .006 cam specs i can show u what to put in the eoit tables to help it, may never be 100% but can be alot better then stock setting as they are exactly what u dont want with overlap

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Legend. All I was given from the builder is 225/244/118. I can ask for more info...

Edit:

Duration225/244
Lobe Separation@ 118
Valve Inlet.607"
Exhaust.607"

Last edited: