Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
Who's doing the work?, Make sure they,ve done this before. Mate had one put on his LS3 cost a heap as not a straight forward swap and power output was average. He wished he went Harrop now and saved 5k and extra 50kw.
Yep, they have experience, but maybe not as much as I would have liked I think! They did a VE in December.. and have a good rep around town.

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update - car is in progress now, hopefully all done and tuned by the end of the week... updates shortly!

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well all done now - got to 369.8rwkw when they ran out of injectors and didn't want to stress the stock valve springs. The LSA cover doesn't fit good as the intercooler hoses hold it up, and with the lid spacer plate and blower spacers, shes a tight fit in there! They used the LS3 throttle body, not the LSA (apparently its good enough / 3mm bigger than the LSA TB) but they didn't rotate it and it is super close to the pulley o_O. Next stop is bigger injectors and double valve springs, cam, pulley :)....
DR3Aq7y.jpg

8arfb6n.jpg

E1zj6t8.jpg

pSOzg89.jpg

pJgJknH.jpg

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Nice. Weird seeing the LSA engine cover in an SS

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hey, am thinking of puting a HSV supercharger on my LS3 to keep it factory/GM looking.

Do you know all the parts I need to be able to do this?

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey, am thinking of puting a HSV supercharger on my LS3 to keep it factory/GM looking.

Do you know all the parts I need to be able to do this?
sure do. In short you need to recreate the LSA supercharger pully/belt setup which means: LSA harmonic balancer (lower pulley), tensioner, idler, and bracket. New air intake (I have a GM LSA intake, fronted with the VCM GTS air box); S/C cooling setup: heat exchanger(PWR/Magnusson) and coolant pump (Bosch EWP004), hoses and fittings to suit (aeroflow items - look under "supercharger" on their wesbite). I can make the full list tonight and get part numbers - my advice is to ebay all the GM parts or even get them from the US - much cheaper than what i paid!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
sure do. In short you need to recreate the LSA supercharger pully/belt setup which means: LSA harmonic balancer (lower pulley), tensioner, idler, and bracket. New air intake (I have a GM LSA intake, fronted with the VCM GTS air box); S/C cooling setup: heat exchanger(PWR/Magnusson) and coolant pump (Bosch EWP004), hoses and fittings to suit (aeroflow items - look under "supercharger" on their wesbite). I can make the full list tonight and get part numbers - my advice is to ebay all the GM parts or even get them from the US - much cheaper than what i paid!
thanks, if you could PM the list that would be great. Yes looking to get all genuine GM products as they appear on the HSV version cheaper through ebay or dealer or from states. Do you need the lid spacer plate and blower spacers?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Do you need the lid spacer plate and blower spacers?
i would with that blower they make alot of heat especially if spun faster and it will help get more even airflow to the back cylinders

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
i would with that blower they make alot of heat especially if spun faster and it will help get more even airflow to the back cylinders
Yep, this. It is a future precaution that added about $1300 to the build.

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Build bits for those interested:
INTERCHILLER SUPERCHARGER SPACERS $475
INTERCHILLER THERMAL BLANKET FITTED $150
INTERCHILLER LID SPACER $575
SUPERCHARGER COUPLING (solid isolator) $185
COLD THERMOSTAT UPGRADE $100
HEAT EXCHANGER MAGNUSON $695
SUPERCHARGER COOLANT PUMP (Bosch EWP004) $295
IDLER PULLEY BRACKET GENUINE $195.0000
IDLER PULLEYS GENUINE (x2) $225
IDLER PULLEY BOLTS GENUINE (x2)$9.95
SUPERCHARGER IDLER/BRACKET KIT GENUINE ($?)
HARMONIC BALANCER GENUINE $595
SUPERCHARGER BELT $94.95
INHIBITOR GENUINE (?) $40
COOLANT HOSES/FITTINGS $185 (includes Aeroflow billet quick connect units)
VCM AIRBOX/INTAKE + genuine GTS intake elbow $695.00
CUSTOM TUNE $1,400
Labour 14.00hrs $1,890.00