Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Cold Air Intake

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Can you please post up the EFI logs I`m interested in the results.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
MACE Vs super6 CAI

data logs as promised. you will need to have a copy of EFIlive to view these. you can get EFILive Web Site here. it is free for evaluation purposes.

these tests were perfomed last saturday afternoon. ambient temp for super6 test was 23/24degrees. for the MACE test it was 22/23degrees. the test circuit compromised a round trip that started with city style stop/start driving through multiple sets of lights and then a short trip down the motorway. so the test should cover 99% of daily driving situations.

both tests started with the car idling in the driveway for a few minutes while i booted up the laptop etc. you'll note that both setups show some elevation in inlet temps, however the super6 are definitly higher then the MACE setup. the super6 CAi shows no real drop in temps (average) during the stop/start driving cycle and only dropped slowly during motorway stint. the MACE setup generally perfomed beter through the whole test, didn't get as hot as the super6 cai and ran cooler on the motorway stint.

to put it in perspective, the MACE setup runs cooler and has the benefit of a POD filter so definitly a win win situation. the MACE CAI doesn't actually draw air from a cold air source except that of the high pressure zone behind the headlight. this does leave scope for future improvement like ducting cold air from the front bar and using the ram air effect

Attachments

• VS6_MACE cai-test.rar
    221.8 KB · Views: 407
  • VS6_super6 cai-test.rar
    219.4 KB · Views: 292

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI

MACE

Reaction score
What's the damage on a VT with Holden 348?
I was going to make one, but this looks the goods!!

The price for the VT V8 kits are $270, and we've had nothing but praise with these kits on the Holden 8's as they tend work even better then the V6 ones given the greater air requirements they have :)

MACE

Reaction score
data logs as promised. you will need to have a copy of EFIlive to view these. you can get EFILive Web Site here. it is free for evaluation purposes.

these tests were perfomed last saturday afternoon. ambient temp for super6 test was 23/24degrees. for the MACE test it was 22/23degrees. the test circuit compromised a round trip that started with city style stop/start driving through multiple sets of lights and then a short trip down the motorway. so the test should cover 99% of daily driving situations.

both tests started with the car idling in the driveway for a few minutes while i booted up the laptop etc. you'll note that both setups show some elevation in inlet temps, however the super6 are definitly higher then the MACE setup. the super6 CAi shows no real drop in temps (average) during the stop/start driving cycle and only dropped slowly during motorway stint. the MACE setup generally perfomed beter through the whole test, didn't get as hot as the super6 cai and ran cooler on the motorway stint.

to put it in perspective, the MACE setup runs cooler and has the benefit of a POD filter so definitly a win win situation. the MACE CAI doesn't actually draw air from a cold air source except that of the high pressure zone behind the headlight. this does leave scope for future improvement like ducting cold air from the front bar and using the ram air effect

Nice, practical writeup immortality, those logs are certainly an eye opener!

Cheers
Steve :D

Last edited:

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
The price for the VT V8 kits are $270, and we've had nothing but praise with these kits on the Holden 8's as they tend work even better then the V6 ones given the greater air requirements they have :)

Any cheaper for J/C's members?
I've spotted them on Ebay, and was keen to buy one, but any savings is always good :)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hi, have just come across your CAI products.

So from the above I gather the HSV style CAI would suffer from heat soak from the radiator ?

Are there any plans to modify the kit to draw from the front bar as suggested ?

What is the cost for the kit for a VS 5 ltr posted to Perth WA ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
Hi, have just come across your CAI products.

So from the above I gather the HSV style CAI would suffer from heat soak from the radiator ?

Are there any plans to modify the kit to draw from the front bar as suggested ?

What is the cost for the kit for a VS 5 ltr posted to Perth WA ?

Thanks.

"So from the above I gather the HSV style CAI would suffer from heat soak from the radiator ?"
Correct :)

"Are there any plans to modify the kit to draw from the front bar as suggested ?"
Not anytime soon as they do work quite well as they are plus they are easy to install.

"What is the cost for the kit for a VS 5 ltr posted to Perth WA ?"
$250 for the kit plus $18 for postage

Cheers
Steve

whsroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 3.8 v6
hi steve.....it might be cause i m tied but i cant seem to see what brand of pod u sell with the kit?