Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Cold Air Intake

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
i put my mace cai in on satday lol, it gives you a little more pick up down low......i havnt really given it a hard time (yet). thanks again guys looks good and sounds good (but i was one clamp short lol)

You couldn't use your existing clamps ?

MACE

Reaction score
i put my mace cai in on satday lol, it gives you a little more pick up down low......i havnt really given it a hard time (yet). thanks again guys looks good and sounds good (but i was one clamp short lol)

Glad to hear that it all went well bar the missing hose clamp. I knew there was a box with one missing. If you PM you bank details I can fix you up for the clamp ;)

Cheers
Steve

VSCristian

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VP Commodore Executive V8 A4
the MACE CAI looks exctly like the one from FIT which i'm running in my VS, I am very happy with it.

FIT sells a 4inch induction hose and MAF as an option to go with the setup and I was wondering what effect it would have... they claim more torque, power and throttle response.

would that bigger duct be effective with the MACE/FIT enclosed pod CAI?

MACE

Reaction score
the MACE CAI looks exctly like the one from FIT which i'm running in my VS, I am very happy with it.

FIT sells a 4inch induction hose and MAF as an option to go with the setup and I was wondering what effect it would have... they claim more torque, power and throttle response.

would that bigger duct be effective with the MACE/FIT enclosed pod CAI?

Going the larger MAF piping is certainly a good thing :)

VSCristian

Reaction score
Members Ride
just installed the 4inch ducting and MAF relocator...

unsure if any power gained but the engine's alot more willing to rev, and when it revs it does so faster than it did before... which i guess is throttle response...

the car is a bit quicker because of it..

nice comliment to the mace setup

MACE

Reaction score
just installed the 4inch ducting and MAF relocator...

unsure if any power gained but the engine's alot more willing to rev, and when it revs it does so faster than it did before... which i guess is throttle response...

the car is a bit quicker because of it..

nice comliment to the mace setup

Got to be happy with that :D

VSCristian

Reaction score
Members Ride
adding the 12mm plenum spacer now that i have the 4inch ducting wouldn't make the car less responsive would it?

it's due to arrive shortly

am looking at the 25mm m insulator soonish too