Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace HOLDEN PERFORMANCE MEMCAL TO SUIT VT V6/V8 AUTO - MANUAL

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
Are any transmission parameters changed in the tunes? Or just the engine...

bigneilsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
if these tunes give more power and better fuel efficency on a dead stock car, how come they dont come stock with the car, i mean holden ovbiously must have the technology and knoweldge?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
cause holden worrries about warrenty claims etc and after years of wear and tear a touch up tune can do wonders for an old tired engine

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The later Factory VT tunes were alot more potent then the early VT ones so there's a fair bit to gain even on factory tunes. The series 2 tho, that was starting to push the ecotec. The never really gained after that untill they started putting twin cat exhausts on them in the VY's. You can only whip a dead horse so much :p but there's a little bit in them mostly if you have a series 1 VT

bigneilsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
greenfoam i started a topic in the tuning forum that id like you to look at. i have a vt s1 v6. could you please check it out and let me know what you think. its called "looking for vt tune"

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Got mine in 4 days! That's got to be a record for Express Post to here. Now it's just a case of waiting for my ticket home. Can't wait. Mate has one in a VN and he said it's just crazy now.

MACE

Reaction score
Got mine in 4 days! That's got to be a record for Express Post to here. Now it's just a case of waiting for my ticket home. Can't wait. Mate has one in a VN and he said it's just crazy now.

Got to be happy with that :)

Also wanted to mention as I'm sure many people will agree, that it's best to consider purchasing a memcal, if your car is in good working order.

For arguments sake, if you purchase a memcal and your o2 sensors are shot then your fuel economy won't be all that great under cruise conditions.

Or if you have a real bad belt tension that making a heap of noise, triggering of the knock sensors, the a performance memcal will do very little.

The list goes on and on and on

I guess this is applicable to all mods however I think that there's a greater perception that a memcal is "guaranteed" to perform, even if they didn't tell the tuner about that gutted out MAF etc...

Last edited:

blueV8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8 & supercharged VX
hope to have mine soon to try out on the SC 6

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
if these tunes give more power and better fuel efficency on a dead stock car, how come they dont come stock with the car, i mean holden ovbiously must have the technology and knoweldge?

They tune for economy and emission control. This is why memcals and tunes can be un-legit. ;). Some tunes make the car more economical and better emissions, with cleaner burn performance etc.