Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE VS commodore memcal and soon to be review

MACE

Reaction score
double that really wow, I am going to do the Mace CAI in the next few weeks and I also want to sort out a shift improvement kit for the auto. but other wise I am happy with the way she runs, the memcal has made a VERY noticeable improvement in responsiveness. It was a bad idea to floor it before as it would spin the 235 18" but now that wants to happen at half pedal and it feels so effortless, it's like she just wants to stretch her legs if she's aloud to,
What have you done to your ride lately to improve it's economy
I just checked out your baby and she looks very clean
Glad to hear you're happy with the gains mjs8672 :D

G'day mace I have a vs clubsport auto with a crane 286 cam do you do a memcal to suit and what price and delivered to tas thanks ward
ward,

Thanks for your inquiry, sadly wouldn't be able to help given the cam you have :(

I have a PCM/memcal on order , for my VX Equip , (also de badged ) , mine has intake and zorst work done though , so I am looking forward to its arrival , might be a few days , as I am in NZ .
No probs Ian,

You should see this within 5-7 working days

Cheers,
Steve

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Cheers Steve , I had a look at the existing PCM this morning ,and it looks pretty straight forward to swap them over .

MACE

Reaction score
Cheers Steve , I had a look at the existing PCM this morning ,and it looks pretty straight forward to swap them over .
It will be. The only thing that will probably give you the biggest grief will be removing the plugs from the PCM, as they can be quite tight. Otherwise it will be fine :)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that I will bear that in mind , they look like they could give some trouble , but I'll just take my time with it .

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
I have been running for a few weeks now with the mace memcal and I have not noticed much difference in the economy but considering the extra power I have noticed I think that more that covers it as I only just crack the loud pedal for cruising at 110K's, I think putting a shift kit in the trans or maybe recon the box will improve it even more as I can feel it has more but the trans is not giving it all to the wheels.

MACE

Reaction score
I have been running for a few weeks now with the mace memcal and I have not noticed much difference in the economy but considering the extra power I have noticed I think that more that covers it as I only just crack the loud pedal for cruising at 110K's, I think putting a shift kit in the trans or maybe recon the box will improve it even more as I can feel it has more but the trans is not giving it all to the wheels.

Ah excellent, thanks for the additional update :)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fitted my PCM a couple of days ago , fairly easy install the connectors gave a bit of grief , but once it was installed and good to go , the difference was certainly noticeable gear changes more precise, better take off and for some reason I can hear the intake more under throttle , just the idle which I am told can take a while to come right , but it keeps getting better each time I drive it .

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
Fitted my PCM a couple of days ago , fairly easy install the connectors gave a bit of grief , but once it was installed and good to go , the difference was certainly noticeable gear changes more precise, better take off and for some reason I can hear the intake more under throttle , just the idle which I am told can take a while to come right , but it keeps getting better each time I drive it .
Excellent to hear Ian :)

You'll find that the more you drive the car the idle will readjust

Cheers,
Steve

Dr.304

SuperCharged StatesMan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Statesman Supercharged
I ordered a MACE Memcal yesterday and was pleased to see it arrive today in a Platinum express post bag.
It is for a VS L67 Statesman.

Is there a preferred way to install i.e Disconnect the battery to install it?
I will post up results once i install mine in the L67. Better fuel economy would be ideal as my car is currently experiencing 15L/100km.
New o2 sensors could also be a good call...Anyway we will see how it goes this afternoon.