Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VY V6 PCM Tune Review

TANKA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII S-PACK N/A V6
Hi Mace,
Can the EGR Valve on the ecotec be disabled in the tune.
I want to block it off as i am fitting a catch can to keep the plenum/TB clean and the EGR Valve is a contributor to the build up in there.
Thanks

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Mace,
Can the EGR Valve on the ecotec be disabled in the tune.
I want to block it off as i am fitting a catch can to keep the plenum/TB clean and the EGR Valve is a contributor to the build up in there.
Thanks
Hey Tanka,

We can do this for you no problems

Please note though, it will have a slight influence on ignition timing and fueling. In practice is shouldn't be a problem if you're running anything higher then 95 octane fuel

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
You guy's should totally send me a tune (for free) for the Cruze 1.4 that you developed. I'm in Cairns and i'd be happy for you to send people my way that can ride in mine and feel the difference before buying. A lot of the modified scene in the far north has died out due to less people wanting to buy unheard / unseen....and yes you can put a sticker on it ;)

MACE

Reaction score
You guy's should totally send me a tune (for free) for the Cruze 1.4 that you developed. I'm in Cairns and i'd be happy for you to send people my way that can ride in mine and feel the difference before buying. A lot of the modified scene in the far north has died out due to less people wanting to buy unheard / unseen....and yes you can put a sticker on it ;)
If we were developing the product then we could have worked something out along those lines. However the fact that the product is developed, there isn't any movement on the price sadly

Please note that the tune makes the Cruze a lot more of a fun car to drive, and is definitely one of the best value for money products that we have around. The only regret that you'd probably have with going with the Cruze tune is that you should have done the tune upgrade earlier :)

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Just installed both intake spacers and PCM from mace (stock exhaust) . Amazing to drive... Gear changes are twice as fast (auto). No longer bogs down. shes a completely different car to drive. the shift from 1st to 2nd gear is unbelievable it just keeps pulling. Also when revved in neutral there is a little cackle from the exhaust. more prominent with a quick stab to 2700rpm like a very deep popping noise, not loud you can just hear it with the windows down.

In the engineer mode Fans turns on @ 95 degrees.

on stock tune is used 1.9 litres per hour (instant usage readout) @ idle. Its now down to 1.54 with the mace pcm.

Fuel economy has been much better since the install when driving normally.

The Throttle response is magical massive improvement.

On the stock tune @ full throttle it was using 37 litres per hour in first gear. Now when you plant it uses 60 litres per hour. It accelerates way quicker compared to the stock tune. I cant speak highly enough of it. I felt like I was dreaming after the first drive.

Would recommend to anyone with an Ecotec. Should of done this years ago.

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
Just installed both intake spacers and PCM from mace (stock exhaust) . Amazing to drive... Gear changes are twice as fast (auto). No longer bogs down. shes a completely different car to drive. the shift from 1st to 2nd gear is unbelievable it just keeps pulling. Also when revved in neutral there is a little cackle from the exhaust. more prominent with a quick stab to 2700rpm like a very deep popping noise, not loud you can just hear it with the windows down.

In the engineer mode Fans turns on @ 95 degrees.

on stock tune is used 1.9 litres per hour (instant usage readout) @ idle. Its now down to 1.54 with the mace pcm.

Fuel economy has been much better since the install when driving normally.

The Throttle response is magical massive improvement.

On the stock tune @ full throttle it was using 37 litres per hour in first gear. Now when you plant it uses 60 litres per hour. It accelerates way quicker compared to the stock tune. I cant speak highly enough of it. I felt like I was dreaming after the first drive.

Would recommend to anyone with an Ecotec. Should of done this years ago.
Ah excellent to hear you're happy with the upgrades juzzyx :)

Best Regards,
Steve

TheGrimReaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
I've just ordered one for my 03 VY Series 2 commy. I was excited about getting it but reading these posts make me twice as excited can't wait for it to arrive and be installed. Got parts that I can't bolt on til the tune is ready but soooooo can't wait for it to arrive. Would be probably writing how wonderful this part is when it's on the car so watch this space

MACE

Reaction score
I've just ordered one for my 03 VY Series 2 commy. I was excited about getting it but reading these posts make me twice as excited can't wait for it to arrive and be installed. Got parts that I can't bolt on til the tune is ready but soooooo can't wait for it to arrive. Would be probably writing how wonderful this part is when it's on the car so watch this space
Hopefully, it all went well :) If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve