Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Magnum to do or not to do?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Curious how it performs in daily use in traffic and how fuel consumption has changed:p
As it's a weekend toy, he will probably never know ... for my project car I know fuel consumption is bad, but I've never actually calculated it ... well if you measure in usage-per-kilometre, it only needs a (~45L) fill-up every 3 months or so. :)

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
As it's a weekend toy, he will probably never know ... for my project car I know fuel consumption is bad, but I've never actually calculated it ... well if you measure in usage-per-kilometre, it only needs a (~45L) fill-up every 3 months or so. :)

Mine gets better MPG with spirited weekend driving than the commuting it used to do. Waiting at lights is a killer.

Brown Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Nitrate Manual Redline
Mine gets better MPG with spirited weekend driving than the commuting it used to do. Waiting at lights is a killer.
Normally idling they use around 2.1L / hr - is it different with a tune?

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Normally idling they use around 2.1L / hr - is it different with a tune?

That's what mine does ( no tune), but given the number of lights you get in a 30 min Melbourne commute, all that stationary time just racks up.
Mine averaged 14-15lkm commuting.
Does 11-12 now its a weekend blaster. Early runs out to Dandenongs/Mornington during light traffic help bring down the average before it goes up a bit through the hills.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Waiting at lights is a killer.
Idling at ~2 ltrs/hr but taking off at lights even on very light throttle is a killer in my car.

Grand dad driving gets at best 15ltrs/100kms but I’m usually at 17-18 with no heavy throttle usage on a stock tune... Maybe it still needs some more kms under her belt as she’s only gone 6,000kms :eek: Maybe she needs an OTR CAI, extractors and a tune :p

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Idling at ~2 ltrs/hr but taking off at lights even on very light throttle is a killer in my car.

Grand dad driving gets at best 15ltrs/100kms but I’m usually at 17-18 with no heavy throttle usage on a stock tune... Maybe it still needs some more kms under her belt as she’s only gone 6,000kms :eek: Maybe she needs an OTR CAI, extractors and a tune :p
Yip definitely makes them more fun to drive once you’ve done those

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
taking off at lights even on very light throttle is a killer in my car.
That’s what kills fuel consumption in every car. Being stationary and cruising don‘t use very much fuel, its the transition between the two that screws over the fuel consumption.

I‘m relatively lucky and only have three sets of lights between me and work and the traffic averages 60-100km/hr (I have minimal stopping) so my trip computer says 12.7L/100kms. I run LPG though so my actual consumption is 15-20% higher than that.