Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manifold spacers

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
looking to get some manifold spacers for my 08 omega for a bit more low end tourqe, ive got the MY09.5 model, and it says i cant use the 25mm spacer, and just wondering if its even worth getting the 12mm.
cheers guys.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes. I had them on my VE Calais. Would use them again if I ever bought another VE.

I gave them to another forum member.

24/25mm won’t fit because the engine sits in under the wiper cowl and that won’t fit back on without butchering the car.

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Yes. I had them on my VE Calais. Would use them again if I ever bought another VE.

I gave them to another forum member.

24/25mm won’t fit because the engine sits in under the wiper cowl and that won’t fit back on without butchering the car.
yeah i just read your post on another forum saying they were nearly impossible to get on. ill probably go with the 12mm. but is there going to be much performance loss?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
They absolutely make driving the car a bit more enjoyable. They aren’t going to make it 80kw more powerful. They just change the feel of the car slightly, and for the better.

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
They absolutely make driving the car a bit more enjoyable. They aren’t going to make it 80kw more powerful. They just change the feel of the car slightly, and for the better.
yeah ill get the 12mm then i reckon. dont want to even attempt the 25mm lol. what do you reckon about throttle controllers too, cause looking into them more do they just act like your flooring it, when your only putting your foot down a bit, or is there more too it?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Controversial subject.
Some say they are a waste of money.
Though with almost nothing you can do with the Alloytec to make gains, I’d say have a go at one. If you don’t like it, sell it.

Start a thread, let us know how you like it.

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Controversial subject.
Some say they are a waste of money.
Though with almost nothing you can do with the Alloytec to make gains, I’d say have a go at one. If you don’t like it, sell it.

Start a thread, let us know how you like it.
yeah ill do a bit more research and see how it goes. but yeah i'm leaning towards it being a waste. itll just chomp up petrol. but yeah i know especially when im on my p's, theres almost nothing i can do. pretty sure even an otr is illegal on your p's so hopefully i dont get done for that. chances are i will though.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just drive it. Don’t spend coin on it. Keep it tidy. Back in the day, modding commodores was cheap, easy and heaps of fun. Much harder now and gains are minimal.

Drop the coin on driver training, track days, fun stuff that teaches you the right way how to drive rather than how we all did it and somehow didn’t kill ourselves.

I’d hate to be 17 and buying a car these days. Have to unload $30k plus to get a fun car that’s decent. We’d buy a Kingswood or a Datsun for $500 and chuck on ridiculous carby set ups or shove in V8’s in the back yard with mates. No computers. Simple wiring and far less regulation.

All those regulations are probably because of the stupid crap we did.

images

Sorry.

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Just drive it. Don’t spend coin on it. Keep it tidy. Back in the day, modding commodores was cheap, easy and heaps of fun. Much harder now and gains are minimal.

Drop the coin on driver training, track days, fun stuff that teaches you the right way how to drive rather than how we all did it and somehow didn’t kill ourselves.

I’d hate to be 17 and buying a car these days. Have to unload $30k plus to get a fun car that’s decent. We’d buy a Kingswood or a Datsun for $500 and chuck on ridiculous carby set ups or shove in V8’s in the back yard with mates. No computers. Simple wiring and far less regulation.

All those regulations are probably because of the stupid crap we did.

images

Sorry.
yeah im trying not to unload all my paychecks into my car lol. i just want to get it half decent so its good fun with my mates when im on my p's. but yeah i know what you mean man, and i probably will still be going to the industrial area and just "drive around". and yeah i know parts are off there head price wise. just the fun of cars i guess. good learning experience.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Better off buying an SV6 than spend money on an Omega.

Reactions: Lex