Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is this torque figure right?

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
You don't make a single kw or nm more with different gear ratios.
oh really? i know it dosent change nm at the engine but i thought it changed nm atw cause the final drive ratios changed. guess not, dont know where i got that from ahaha

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Nope a 200rwkw car is still a 200rwkw car with 3.08's or 3.9's, it's not a power multiplier.

In regards to your dyno numbers. A dyno is a tuning tool, nothing more nothing less. It should never be used as your single source of truth.

I've never taken any real seriousness in dyno figures as theres too many variables imo.

Weather, dyno make/brand, calibration, even how tight the straps are can variably impact the end number.

I've seen high kw cars make 150kw difference between two different dynos on two different days.

The piece of paper at the end is for the wank imo. If the cars running better and feels better then you know the tune is good.

My Mates VE Calais for example is a supercharged L98. It's never made remotely close to the same number in the 10 or so times it's been dynoed at various shops. Some dynos will be close to 400kw, some will be more conservative at 360-370, one even showed around 340. Nothing's changed with the car, just different times of the year at different shops with different dynos.

Last edited: