Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manifold spacers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
How expensive are VE parts now!? They are off chops. You mod something and something breaks, it’s not $15 fix anymore. It’s hundreds.

There’s not enough VE parts out there and no production. I’d be super careful with one.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My VE has been pretty good, no major problems. Parts are drying up, which is why I'm building my Nos parts inventory. If I think of a part that will be needed down the track I buy it and stash it in my shed. Aftermarket parts rarely compare to gen so if wanting to keep VEs going will need to have a stash of NOS, or start going to local UPIs and build a collection of good used parts for future use.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
My VE has been pretty good, no major problems. Parts are drying up, which is why I'm building my Nos parts inventory. If I think of a part that will be needed down the track I buy it and stash it in my shed. Aftermarket parts rarely compare to gen so if wanting to keep VEs going will need to have a stash of NOS, or start going to local UPIs and build a collection of good used parts for future use.
Definitely true about parts starting to become more of a rarity. What type of spares do you recommend on stocking up on?
Apparently OEM plastic mudflaps and floor mats are hard to get. I have checked a few wreckers near where I live with no avail

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Modules.
Switches
Interior plastics

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Definitely true about parts starting to become more of a rarity. What type of spares do you recommend on stocking up on?
Apparently OEM plastic mudflaps and floor mats are hard to get. I have checked a few wreckers near where I live with no avail
Anything that has a switch or stalk is a must. Finding these for gen 2 is now basically impossible in genuine. Aftermarket is rubbish for switches.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Also the two seat side mouldings. Mainly the drivers side as it cracks along the top. Common problem with the VE.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Other thing to grab is a passenger seat with a good base. These will be made of unobtanium in another year or two and the foams are not great on the VE and tend to sack out quicker than Gen 2/3. Passenger base foam is same as driver base foam and tend to be in better cond.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
looking to get some manifold spacers for my 08 omega for a bit more low end tourqe, ive got the MY09.5 model, and it says i cant use the 25mm spacer, and just wondering if its even worth getting the 12mm.
cheers guys.
I've bought & installed the 25mm for my OMEGA MY9.5 LY7 Dual fuel [factory].

they are the bomb

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I am starting to think I should buy another 12mm spacer to put under my 12mm spacer on my car at present.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am starting to think I should buy another 12mm spacer to put under my 12mm spacer on my car at present.
No. Don’t do that. You will workout that it’s not ideal on a VE. Sandwiching them is not cool. You have one piece only. Either use a 12mm. Or use a 24mm.