Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual or Auto?

tepp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais
Hi i have a 1981 Holden WB ute but its unlisenced, does anyone know how much itl cost to relisence it?

cheers.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
yeh, looks like manual is the way to go. I had a 4spd vz exec and got the shits with it because it was boring to drive, now i have the patrol its manual but now it's not enough fun haha (power)..only thing that made think twice about the auto was my mate has a tiptronic R34 skyline and its pretty good fun to drive and drops the gears pretty quick.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Had lots of both, I know most people prefer manual because they think they are race car drivers. An extra 5% rwhp doesnt phase me much. I prefer auto for day to day driving, the only times I wish I had a manual is sometimes going up hill, but I can still drop the auto back so it doesnt really matter.

deano77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 60-th Anniversary
Manual mate... It gives you total control, change gears when they need to be changed rather then waiting for trans to change it for you...

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
depends entirely on where you drive the most, whether you have anyone else driving, and whether you have kids.

I've always had manual... love them. But in stop start city driving, or when the mrs wants to drive (she can drive manual, but prefers auto), and when the kids need attention in the back (or you are trying to eat/drink/whatever), auto definitely has its benefits.
If it was just mine... and maybe a coupe or something with no kids in the back, manual. But for everyday driving as a nice comfortable touring car, auto all the way. It's still a V8, and as a side benefit being auto also gets you AFM.... which will save you gas on long open drives.

Auto if the above suits, otherwise manual.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Manual, without one shadow of a doubt.

Cheers.

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
Yeah have to agree! Go the manual! This is my first Auto because the wife had to drive and man...after the mods... I wish it was manual... also because she scratched my rims after two days of getting them! :banstick:

Last edited:

muzzuri

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
manual buddy nothing more rewarding ;)

even tho my cars auto....

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Yeah have to agree! Go the manual! This is my first Auto because the wife had to drive and man...after the mods... I wish it was manual... also because she scratched my rims after two days of getting them! :banstick:

You mean your ex wife :p