Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modern Muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Julie, what was said about women being uncovered meat was a stupid comment and he was automatically condemned by the Muslim committee (sorry cant remember what this organisation is called) and I believe he has actually stepped down for the moment after pressure from the Muslim community. But you have to remember there are religious leaders that make stupid comments, like the Catholic church and their comments about gay people. Like em or hate them they have the same civil rights in this country. But i know it isn't the same level as implying that women bring rape on themselves.

Fom all reports I have read he actually refused to stand down, and those in charge refused to sack him. Yes some Muslim groups have come out and publicly stated their outrage and called for his resignation but he also has huge support from others. He hasn't been preaching because of his ill health and he is going to Mecca for 3 months and will return to preaching when he returns. If I remember correctly he will only stand down when the world is "clean of the whitehouse".

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
U121, i think nothing inside my head about religious posts, i have the right to an opinion, and that's my opinion.

i think it should be banned because people start

1)ranting
2)raving
3) missinterpreting
4)become offended
5)or start fights

im not going on a person war path here, thats my opinion, by all means, i dont see it ever being banned, but it has its merits.

who's place is it to state wether a muslim or a christian or whoever is following their religion right??? unless you are 100% right on their religion yourself, why interfear? if they beleive it, let them.. everyone will do or read something differently.

im actually sick to my head of hearing things about muslims, all you get on tv, news, newspapers, everywhere is muslims this and muslims that, im not being rude but gees it sh1ts me bad, people must be short on news..

i asked a girl today and she said, that the Hijab is not compulsary, and "i choose not to wear it because i tend to feel insuperior to my brothers" really, personal opinions and beliefs and interpretations. i may talk to someone who is muslim who may find that absurd

Last edited:

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
i Like the wheels in the pic ? Nice CAR

What the...?

Anyway, all this stuff about women being 'uncovered meat' blah blah has been blown out of all proportion by the media. They LOVE it... Any chance they get to target minority groups they take it.
As for that whole thing about 'the world being clear or the whitehouse' ... Well, wouldn't it be a better place if we didnt have this superpower thinking that it has to look after the whole world... Forcing its beliefs and opinions on to others... that statement ('clear of the whitehouse') can be interpreted in different ways, once again, comes down to how it is portrayed in the media

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
im actually sick to my head of hearing things about muslims, all you get on tv, news, newspapers, everywhere is muslims this and muslims that, im not being rude but gees it sh1ts me bad, people must be short on news.

True... :)

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Nobody has treated them differently, however, in true islam, women are rated higher, however in modern times the hijab IS worn as a sign of a womans place in society. that of less than man, heck, the proof is in any muslim country where a females jail sentence is always 3 fold what a males is. Knowing a muslim isn't knowing their beliefs, it is just knowing their branch of belief.

oooooo im so sorry minux:)...... i obviously thought that since my mates mothers and fathers told me this information that it was right, since they have been practicing the religion there whole life.... but hey, im not going to argue with u about it since youve read the quaren, so they must be wrong right? :D..... get a hint of sarcasm? and how you said "Nobody has treated them differently", seriously, go in any thread about religion and atleast someone will bring up muslim people and how certain people start ****, look at it? the whole rape subject came up in this thread and it wasnt about that..... did you see the thread about "does multiculturism work?" ooooo got brought up there about idiots and all people with the religion or nationality get judged on them people.... so im sorry minux ill ask 1 of my mates mums or dads if the real reason they wear the hijab is for privacy not because they are lower then anybody else (thats what ive been told in the paste, but ill just make sure ok?:D)..... by what im told they are "supposed" to be equal until they are married then the women is valued more in the religion, BUT! since when are women really valued in any religion? why is it we dont have a female prime minister? ok it has nothing to do with religion, but in most society's women are not counted as high as males.... so why is all this being brought up about muslim women? psssssh i agree with christina, its probably going to get locked anyway so might aswell keep going with your oppinion *rolls eyes*

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I actually think we need threads like this... Open up peoples minds. I'm sick of people saying muslims (or any other cultural group) are bad people blah blah blah... People who say that are ignorant (insert swear word here) who think they know it all...
Anyway, I wish I had the time to take a look at the Qur'an, I think it would be quite interesting.

Just to make it very clear, I dont care what religion you belong to, where your born, where you live, what color your skin is, everyone is 100% equal.

And for those of you saying "you dont see catholics committing terrorism"... Well... What about the IRA in Ireland? And so on and so forth. Every religion/culture/society has its 'extreamists'. Anyway... Just my two cents, a little off the original topic, but good luck to you minux! will keep reading the thread.

Couldn't agree more, great post:thumbsup:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Keep it civil please guys, if you don't like the topic don't post. If your opinion is going to breech our rules like our mate hsvplayboy keep it to yourself or you will be joining him on a holiday.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Like any religion some people choose to live their lives by following their religions beliefs to the letter, some will accept some parts of the beliefs but choose not to follow others and some will even alter parts of the parent religions beliefs to suit their own lifestyle

As far as I'm concerned as long as they aren't trying to ram their beliefs down my throat or judging me because I don't believe what they believe then I have no dramas with them dressing or acting however they like

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
Seems my post got deleted. Bit unfair seeing I only brought up Christianity simply because I was replying to Minux's post which had comments about Christianity in it!!

slim, i have found all your posts worthwhile and completely on topic.
i don't know why they got deleted either.

Status
Not open for further replies.