Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods on my vt s1 v6 6 speed auto exe. wagon

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
How long have you owned this car for? How much power is it making? Does it drive better with a 6 Speed?
I bought 12/9/2012. Just a stock 3.8 ecotec. LSD 3.46. Definitely drives better with the 6 speed! Quiet & smooth! It was money well spent!

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I bought 12/9/2012. Just a stock 3.8 ecotec. LSD 3.46. Definitely drives better with the 6 speed! Quiet & smooth! It was money well spent!
How much did it cost to convert the car from a 4 speed to a 6 speed?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have been doing a few odd jobs on the old girl lately.

Back in late June l think, l was getting a slow flat tyre. It turned out it was a cracked & buckled rim. Tried to buy another rim. But no luck there.I found a set of ssa rims (18 x 8) (MY BBOSS are 19 x 8). Got the 18 x 8 home & found 2 rims where buckled. Got the tyres stripped, $60.00. One tyre was ok, but not the size l wanted. Where l got the tyres stripped, they told me about a place in Ballarat (which is where l bought them from, hahahha (the city, not the person) :) ). Contacted the place, & yes they would take a look at them, & give me a quote. Drove to Ballarat & dropped them of. Two days later l got a quote of $425. to straighten the 2 18's & weld & straghten the 19. The place has been repairing wheels for 40 years (1982).
Waiting for the call to pick them up.

The 18's l'll polish & 2 pack clear them while the tyres are of.

Back to the little jobs. One job, was ignition switch needed replacing. I used the one on the mock up car (= muc). That was an easy fix.

One of the other jobs, fuel guage light wasn't working, so cluster out, just had to push the led globe back into the holder. So another easy job.

Started work on the hand brake last week, finished yesterday (been crap weather). Drivers side was assembled wrong. Assembled it correctly (l checked the muc setup. The hand brake on the muc worked perfectly. I tested the car today, to make sure it wasn't over adjusted. It was fine, brake drums weren't getting hot. Five or six clicks & the hb held nicely.

Earlier in year, April l replaced the fuel pump & sender.

Rewired the trailer plug 7 pin flat. I had taken the tow bar of & welded a plate bolted the socket (7 pin flat) to it. A week later l backed into a car park & knocked the socket of the plate. There is a place under the bumper where it bolts to the body (2 places) one left, one right. I bolted it to the right one. I hired a trailer last week, & all the trailer lights worked perfectly.

I think maybe its time to weld up & paint the head unit surround. That job has been waiting awhile.

I'll post some pics of the repaired wheels when l get them back, & the h/u surround, revision no.:)(lost count).

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’ve got this.
1. It makes at least 100kW.
2. Owned it for at least 4 years
3. Yes

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had one of my Bboss 19"x 8" wheels cracked & buckled. Had it repaired, got it back yesterday, & fitted it today. Very pleased with the result. Couldn't tell it had been repaired.

I had bought a set of ssa rims from Ballarat, 18" x 8" bboss eleanors look a likes. I checked them out before buying, but checking them out again the next day, l found they where both buckled & one also looked like it had a flat spot. When l took them to the tyre shop to take the tyres of, they told me about a business in Ballarat that repairs them. They have been doing it for 40 years, so knew what they where doing. They also told me about freight co. that transport them for for $15.00 per wheel. So, would of cost me $45.00 to transport up, another $45. to bring them back. So, $90.00 both ways. I took them up myself. About $50.00 to $60.00 both ways. The cost of the repairs was $425.00.

The co. in Ballarat Wheels Australia. Here's a link. https://wheelsaustralia.com.au/whee...MIsoCWgNO2-QIVOpFmAh2EEg_aEAAYASABEgKr__D_BwE

I'm happy with the repairs to the ssa too. I'll polish them by hand & clear them. When l get around to that, l'll put new tyres on.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bought another set of 4, bboss elanors 19"x 8" for $200.00 today. One rim has a crack. I'll get that repaired at a later date.

Another job for Wheels Australia, Ballarat.

Plans for these wheels is to mirror polish them. I'll do 3 first, then take one of my better rims of & polish that, then clear coat them with 2 pack.
I probably do a 5th wheel for a spare. I'll eventually do them all. In case l crack or buckle anymore rims. I'll have back up spares.

Haven't been doing to much work on the car. Its been to cold. The jobs are piling up.

What to do first? A very good question? I just dont know . Time will tell?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Amazing how we are all of the “keep for spares” mind set. I’d never really thought about that sort of thing years ago.