Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MOMO VK Brock Steering Wheel Re-release!

AUTOTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Supercharged MOMO Ute BA Gullwing AU Two door
Any chance of getting the MOMO Flyer re released which was fitted to GRP 3, SS and Directors?

Hi,

We are certainly trying to make whatever older wheels we can. Unfortunately some moulds have been scrapped over the years. I couldn't give you a definate answer but certainly will take note of your input as well as other forum members interested.

I will put your request in our customer enquiry database and be certain to contact you if I get any answers.

Thanks.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I have posted more info, just waiting for it to show up

thanks mate.
I actually already have fitted an Autotek Monte Carlo wheel on my VH, so there's no real difference with this one ?

What I'm REALLY interested in, is the momo horn pad to suit. They are as rare as ducks teeth

AUTOTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Supercharged MOMO Ute BA Gullwing AU Two door
thanks mate.
I actually already have fitted an Autotek Monte Carlo wheel on my VH, so there's no real difference with this one ?

What I'm REALLY interested in, is the momo horn pad to suit. They are as rare as ducks teeth

No worries, a lot of people go for the 350mm currently available as they prefer the smaller size. Admittedly as I do.

I'm not sure what pads we have available but I will definately put a list up once we sort through what we have. I know we have found some VN and VL types. If you could post a picture of what exactly you are after, that would be great.

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
if the price is right why not.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
MOMO HDT STEERING WHEEL

So this will be a 380mm size and I assume it will fit on a Boss to suit other Commodore
I dont like smaller wheels and all new wheels these days seem to be 350mm

Dazz

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Sorry for thread crashing but have to ask if I where to put one of them on my commodore would it pass a rwc as It doesn't appear to have any crash padding like the original wheel had or would it have to be a HDT commodore originally to pass with 1 of those wheels on it? Every other commodore I've taken for rwc with a sports wheel on it has been knocked sometimes I've been told I should change it and been given the rwc but officially it had the original wheel on it.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Sorry for thread crashing but have to ask if I where to put one of them on my commodore would it pass a rwc as It doesn't appear to have any crash padding like the original wheel had or would it have to be a HDT commodore originally to pass with 1 of those wheels on it? Every other commodore I've taken for rwc with a sports wheel on it has been knocked sometimes I've been told I should change it and been given the rwc but officially it had the original wheel on it.

The Momo wheels had to comply to ADRs of the day, I have never been knocked back on my momo wheels 1x380mm 1x350mm that includes being blue slipped, engineered & an RTA random rego check inspection.

scott

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I think Momo complied with a Euro standard which is accepted as an equivalent standard in Australia
but it does make me wonder how Brock/HDT got away with no horn pad when every factory Commodore had a horn pad.
I fit one to my momo, just for my own safety.... I dread to think what would happen to my skull if my head smashed into that wheel in crash. I ended up fitting a SV5000 horn pad to my Monte Carlo - not a perfect fit, but looks ok