Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monty Monaro

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Back when these came out my team leader/ boss , big holden / commodore fan , bought second hand but continually upgraded , always V8 SSs , I said getting a CV8 and he's gone just a 2 door commy.
Don't even know if he got to stay When the flying Kangaroo closed heavy maintenance in Sydney but I was outa there ( was big worried ATT but it's all worked out fantastic ).
Hope /can imagine he has a really nice VF SSV redline now.
Anyway the monaro was not originally on the radar even though I'd looked at a couple .
Always thought I'd get a VY V8 Calais.
But sooo glad I ended up down this path

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
So Merry Christmas!!!!!
Busting to = say= happy as!
I'm soo Fxxkin lucky and in such a happy space!!!!
WTF Property prices!!!!!!!
Why,
I own 2 rentals !!! = as of yesterday committed to sell one in 6 weeks = no more dept!!!
And some serious coin after everything completes!!!

What does this mean?
Don't hold me too!!
But hopefully this gets its mechanical upgrades I want.

Maloo gets cosmetic refurb at least .

And I'm dreaming but surely carport becomes a garage with a 4 posta hoist in !!!

OH just because!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Photos been posted before but) = looks great.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nice, I'm looking to sell my old house. I won't make a lot of money but it will pay out one mortgage and put us in front on the main home by about $85k plus save me $320 a fortnight. Meaning like you hoist, and finish the yards. Plus repayments of just $758 a fortnight. I like the idea of having a buffer that if one of us lose our jobs we will have enough in redraw to maintain repayments for at least 2 years. Having aid that I will be probably $500 a fortnight in savings because, no rates, insurance, land tax water, and a whole day gained as well.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice, You need to factor in rate rises (as you seem to be doing) .
I wonder how many do these days= when rates really rise = surely some people are going to be in some serious sxxt!!!
especially with property purchases as they are.
When I first got the second property ( and the first was used as collateral for the second ) ( another reason why this one is first).
The reality is prices are stupid ATM = but that has totally helped me= perfect timing!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Exactly rates will be heading north in another year or two and then a lot of people are going to be in a world of pain. Fortunately we have a property we can sell to clear some debt and reduce repayments.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Gotta say...that car would look beautiful with a set of om1 simmons gracing it :p ...stance is awesome....really a spectacular car :)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Man I'll be very jealous when you get decent hoist...just don't brag about how much nicer it is & wish you'd done years earlier.

I'll probably cry!!!!!!!!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gotta say...that car would look beautiful with a set of om1 simmons gracing it :p ...stance is awesome....really a spectacular car :)

Thanks
Yeah I can't decide on wheels !
I do like the look of /stance but it's got to change = is a PITA The peddars springs are 12 years old = I'm thinking they have sagged as I don't remember the exhaust being that close to the ground originally.
The cat back scrapes a lot easier than it use to.

Man I'll be very jealous when you get decent hoist...just don't brag about how much nicer it is & wish you'd done years earlier.

I'll probably cry!!!!!!!!!

No guarantee I'll get although I hope to .
Replacing the carport with a garage is not going to be simple or cheap in fact it's going to be huge PITA .
Guess I'll find out in the next 3 or so months if it's doable and if I will have enough.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Not as bad as having 4 door monaro...still call those a kingswood which pisses people off.

4 door Monaro - also known as the bloody Belmont..

A mate of mine has the yellow 4 door GTS, and I always tell him that I wasn't aware that they made a Belmont GTS.

He does not like that one bit.

A real Monaro has 2 doors.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Similar situation for me years ago...had redundancy money to build dream shed with hoist yet council wouldn't give approval even after going back & forth several times changing plans that still abided by council rules so gave up & made do with current crappy ol' garage.

Was roughly 30k which was baller spec triple setup....easily cost double that or more to build now.