Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monty Monaro

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Went to bunnings today ( thought briefly before hand = fxxk, = check plastic bonding/ adhesive ) = should have !!!!!!
Back to bunnings tomorrow !!= a Loctite = will see if great / or too brittle eventually !!
Anyway couldn't be fxxked = look at the Monaro today.
Did however order fasteners and resepicticales = ordered more than required = future = some were damaged /fxxked.
The offending grate is now dynabolted down.

The Isopon plastic repair kit==== fxxk there's some serious crap **** there !!!!!

https%3A//i.imgur.com/JSh4x6U.jpg[/img]']

Well over 20 years , yeah painters need to use = but you don't === MEK.
We / and as young bloke use to bath us in this in this crap = great to clean up sealant ETC

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well where's that time gone 3rd gen monaros 20 years old.
Means mine will be 20 next May ( production line) and at that time just 2 months short of 20 years on the road and 3 months short of 13 years with me.

Also means this little appendage is now 7 , have a super happy birthday don't ever grow up ha ha ha

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Time flies when you are having fun. :)

I went to the Sydney Motor Show on the Saturday when the VT Coupe / Monaro made the new AU Falcon look like a fail.
Decided on the spot that I was going to get one, if they went into production. Bugger the $$$............. well, sort of.
I am also finding it hard to believe that my V2 is now older than my HQ LS when I bought that, and it was an old car at the time.
For some reason, I had no paranoid problems driving the HQ, but ..... now ..... I worry about some fool driving into it while it is legally parked. Only because that has happened twice. :mad:
It is still stock, apart from wheels and no puffy thing like yours, 137Km, and spent the last 2 years mostly asleep under a blanket.

Enjoy.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
VT Monaro's are hot.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think a perfect line up of three modern vehicles would be last of the VS Maloo, VT Monaro, and a VF Redline ute....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fxxk yeah
I'm spoilt = 96 VS Maloo = got to punt this as a daily from 2012 to 2018 = including some big country miles in early 2015 . nothing like[ = fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I didn't really like new Monaro when they came out & for several years after....then drove my cousin's black m6 gto he'd just bought 29k as a basket case ciggie burns in leather,chopped springs so it hit everything & deleted mufflers.

Found so many things wrong with it yet after 30min drive & parked under lights at BP servo did not want to give it back haha

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
didn't really like new Monaro when they came out & for several years after..

Yeah ....... they were 'only a Commodore with 2 less doors for more money' back in 2002>03.
You got used to it. Like saying that Elle Macpherson scrubs up OK. Just smile, nod wisely and agree.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not as bad as having 4 door monaro...still call those a kingswood which pisses people off.

Cousin sold the black gto for a tidy profit few years later...we thought he was out of cars then bought mini-tubbed lj coupe with 350 chev so he was forgiven.