Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

more heater dramas, to do with aircond

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I don't want to remove the dash, been there done that on another car and it sucked. Not to mention really expensive because only a crazy man wouldn't replace evap and core at the same time. So it sounds like there are two blend doors. Ive pulled the glove box before to remove a tax receipt that was sucked inside and was making a flappy noise. If a mech could check the blend doors operation in an hour then id be happy to pay him to do it. But if its 3hrs then I have to figure it out myself.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
when the ac is on is there still vacuum supplied to the heater tap? Most of the radiators I've cleaned out with the garden hose stayed blocked I doubt Ive ever unblocked any radiator with the garden hose a bit of useless info there. If it was the heatercore blocked I doubt it would get hot at all

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Last year i had the core unblocked by the rad tech. It still blew some warm air but not much. The core wasn't totally blocked at the time but still took some work to get the partial blocked cleared.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Last year i had the core unblocked by the rad tech. It still blew some warm air but not much. The core wasn't totally blocked at the time but still took some work to get the partial blocked cleared.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
did they pull the tanks off it and clean it ? If it wasn't how do you know it was cleared? Did you prove vacuum is on the heater tap while the ac on?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No and i would think if you was to pull the tanks off a heater core you would just a new once since the labor alone on removing the core is $800. I had plenty of flow with the hose connected today it was gushing out nicely.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Talked to the mech and he said it may be to do with the ducting. He said he can look at it in under two hours so I am going to book it in.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Check the vacuum is working properly at the heater tap. Make sure its opening when on hot and staying open when using other vacuum functions.
Is the vacuum ball intact? If u have a leak, u might find the tap isnt staying open.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So another weird thing happened today. My heater without the aircon on went stone cold. I pulled over and the return hose was cold. I checked the inlet and it was hot as. The inlet hose was even hot on the heater side of the tap. It was like the coolant wasn't passing through the core. I checked the tap and the leaver was working under vacuum when I turned the dial. I tried to get it working and had no luck. I then pulled over again and played with the tap a second time and after 5 or 10 mins it was hot again. It still lost most of the heat on the last 20km on way home as I turned the aircon on.
But my question for now is can a heater tap still not function properly, even though the vacuum operation is moving the leaver in and out?