Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2nd VL - Factory MF5 Exec

shaunington

Reaction score
Website
www.shaunpainephotography.com
Members Ride
VL SL (RB30E/Jatco 4SPD)
Hey mate, I'll try to get a pic of the cluster with lights on tomorrow, didn't think to get one when I did it.

On another note, was bored this arvo so gave all the plastic bits in the bay the once over and tidied a few bits up.

170220110054.jpg

Doesn't look too bad for a 23 year old donk :p

shaunington

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VL SL (RB30E/Jatco 4SPD)
Just asking for opinion here:

With my VK Calais tail lights that i've since fallen in love with, I also scored a full set of calais doormoulds complete with chrome (complete steal of a buy) off the same car. They have a few scuffs from storage and would need to be repainted, but ive got a broken upper mould anyway on mine. I tried to get some pics to show theyre about a good 30mm shorter than the VL upper moulds (as they are all in one piece) but go down to the same point)

Gonna have a stab at repainting them and fitting them up, even if they don't last. They were free with the lights and it looks a damsight better than the broken bits.

23022011045.jpg

23022011046.jpg

23022011047.jpg

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
id say go for it man. IMHO i think they will look quite good.. but its personal preference + if you changed a busted piece to one that's not go for it.

shaunington

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VL SL (RB30E/Jatco 4SPD)
vllowercopy.jpg

Yeah mate that's what I was thinking. The first 2 pictures are a bit misleading coz we were just holding them there loosely, the last pic shjows the difference best.

I just tried to show the height difference, excuse the crazy colours, its probably hard to follow but it shows the bit im talking to.

vlstuff.jpg

Does anyone have photos of the VK moulds on a VL? I know people have done it before, and a search turned up that car 'badvlsl' has VK moulds, but i cannot find ONE picture of it.

Would be appreciated

shaunington

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VL SL (RB30E/Jatco 4SPD)
So, I'm a photographer and realised every photo I had taken since owning this car was taken on a phone, so got the car out of the garage today to snap a few pics because I wanted a new background ;) haha

Nothing special but I thought i'd share anyway.

spp0567edit.jpg

spp0553edit2.jpg

Going to get more once I've given it a wash! (pics dont show it but its bloody filthy)

EDIT: while putting it away, thought I parked too close to the garage door and would have to move it, turns out I'm millimeter perfect hahaha

01032011091.jpg

01032011092.jpg

Last edited:

shaunington

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VL SL (RB30E/Jatco 4SPD)

shaunington

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VL SL (RB30E/Jatco 4SPD)
I forgot to take a photo before I started, so here's after getting the lights undone:

norego2.jpg

and heres a dummy fit (lights just sitting there, they look a bit funny)
norego1.jpg

Colour is a great match, i was a bit iffy buying without a chance to compare in real life because the amount of fade might not have matched over the years, but its such a good match!

Just eating some lunch then off to finish up, plenty of pics coming later

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Looks good mate, your other one was a purpely colour right? Car looks good mate, not sure about the vk tailights though. They do look much better then them fuggin altezzas. Just an idea mate but your headlights look differant to each other. Brand new ones cost about 120 from egay and they freshen up the look of the car by heaps! I have calais tailights but i painted the exec garnish a gloss black and it looks really good. Anyways keep up the progress mate. And as others have said, dont waiste your time on engine mods, an exhuast is as far as i'd go becuase you really are waisting your money there will be very little gains. Just keep it servicing it and enjoy it

shaunington

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VL SL (RB30E/Jatco 4SPD)
Looks good mate, your other one was a purpely colour right? Car looks good mate, not sure about the vk tailights though. They do look much better then them fuggin altezzas. Just an idea mate but your headlights look differant to each other. Brand new ones cost about 120 from egay and they freshen up the look of the car by heaps! I have calais tailights but i painted the exec garnish a gloss black and it looks really good. Anyways keep up the progress mate. And as others have said, dont waiste your time on engine mods, an exhuast is as far as i'd go becuase you really are waisting your money there will be very little gains. Just keep it servicing it and enjoy it

hey mate, yeah that was the one! Yeah, theyre a massive improvement over the altezzas. Yeah I've been chasing a catback and some extractors to perk it up, also might be buying a freshly recoed S2 N/A engine from a bloke around the corner to build up while I'm on my P's.

As for the headlights, I just bought some off ebay, so I'll put some pics up when I get them in