Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV VZ Senator Barbados blue

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
sweet luxoride col. any vids of the car we can all dribble over?

Alas no vids as yet, nothing really to video, the exhaust has a nice burble but isn't at all loud.
you do know its a v8 when you open her up.

i really liked your old wagon, but **** this thing is in a different league haha, frothing!!!

Thanks mate, I loved the old wagon too but the senator is in a different league and so much nicer to cruise in.

Cheers Col.

lethal_calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
wow mate, this car is just wow.
extremelly jealous right now.

interior = mint

could do with some 22s tho ;) ha

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
wow mate, this car is just wow.
extremelly jealous right now.

interior = mint

could do with some 22s tho ;) ha

Thanks mate.
I'm pretty happy with the 19" HSV wheels and they will be staying on it and at least for this size buying decent rubber doesn't cost an arm and a leg and I prefer to run the best rubber I can afford.
I see too many cars with 20's and 22's running literally shite rubber because thats all they can afford and all in the name of show.

BJ31OS

Supercharged VT
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series 2 VT
Beautiful car mate love the tasteful mods you have done to it

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Beautiful car mate love the tasteful mods you have done to it

Thanks mate.

HSV's aren't perfect but for my needs and wants the Senator ticks all my boxes so I'm happy.
Altough!

The car has developed a real annoying squeak/screech when cold and reving the engine or accelerating.
Once the engine is warm it no longer happens.
I think it is one of the pulleys but hoping it isn't as they are all new newline pulleys from when I fitted the underdrive balancer kit.
Its not like a belt squeal but more of a recurring sqeak that gets faster as the revs climb.
I have disconnected the AC belt so will see if it happens tomorrow morning on the water pump/alternator belt.
At least that will help me narrow it down to 2 pulleys.
Fingers crossed its something simple.

Cheers

SW

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Elite oil catchcan and Whiteline 18mm bar fitted.

Stunning car. I love the VZ Senator. Classy and angressive.

Thanks mate.

On a new note I recently picked up an Elite Oil catchcan and Whiteline 18mm rear swaybar.
Fitted them both up yesterday.
The swaybar took about an hour to fit with out removing the suspension cradle as has been suggested by a few people.
The swaybar definitely makes the handling sweeter and the steering more direct.
The Elite catchcan might be a little pricey but it only took 15mins to fit and that included putting a 2-5deg bend in the bracket so that the inlet hose cleared the LS2 map sensor.
After a couple of days driving there is already a few mil's of oil in the can.
DSC01786.jpg

DSC01785.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

Cheers SW

Last edited:

06vzcalais

Reaction score
A tiny little up date.
Following something I read on another site I modified and fitted H9 high beam globes into my low beam projector lights replacing the std H11's.
Now the low beams are more white instead of yellow and when both low and high beams are on they are the same brightness just aiming in their different patterns.
This pic shows how with the high bem on the new H9 globe on left (drivers) is much brighter than the old H11 globe on right.
DSC016171024x768.jpg

And this shows with all lights fitted with H9 globes.
DSC016191024x768.jpg

Cheers Col.

i just feel sorry for the people driving towards you i hate bright low beams they are dim for a reason but real nice car so jealous

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Projector lights are much better at cutting off the beam than std type headlights.
so the dazzle is no worse unless your coming over a rise then any headlights are bright
You are only changing from 55 to 65watt.
These still look yellow against any of the HID conversions which are from bright white to whitish blue (not to be confused with those cheap blued Halogen conversions).
Coming from your neck of the woods I would think any improvement on low beam would be a good thing for country roads.