Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New VT calais : )

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais International S/C
Also, I just picked up some Pacemaker extractors for $150 : )
What do you guys think I should do for a exhaust? I was thinking twin 2 and a half inch pipes running through hotdogs into a single rear red back muffler with twin dumpy tips! standard cats though due to money

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thought I'd chuck up a recent photo of the Calais so here it is : )
IMG_0344.jpg

I've finally gotten around to getting a new set of tyres for the Sigs so I chucked them on there, along with 5mm red stripe, done by Freshest Whitewalls (search him on facebook, awesome guy!)
The car is going to the panel beaters to get the rear of it painted which should of been done months ago but ohwell, As soon as it comes back its booked in for the exhaust : )
Also, I've changed the rear rego plates to white LED's and slowly changing the interior lights to blue LED's, I love it!

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Having a Calais of my own, but lacking the funds (that's what a woman and kids will do), I had big ideas when I got mine 3 years back.

Up until recently, I've always wanted to convert the tail end into VX Calais as you are entertaining, or even Clubsport. But, I don't like the idea of making it a Clubsport replica. It's a Calais, not an Exec, and should be treated so.

Had I been single, my dream was to eventually convert from the Ecotec to a VZ Alloytec, among other ideas. Oh well it never eventuated, as I'm now in the market for a VE S2 SV6.

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Having a Calais of my own, but lacking the funds (that's what a woman and kids will do), I had big ideas when I got mine 3 years back.

Up until recently, I've always wanted to convert the tail end into VX Calais as you are entertaining, or even Clubsport. But, I don't like the idea of making it a Clubsport replica. It's a Calais, not an Exec, and should be treated so.

Had I been single, my dream was to eventually convert from the Ecotec to a VZ Alloytec, among other ideas. Oh well it never eventuated, as I'm now in the market for a VE S2 SV6.

I just have the woman, being 18, Thankfully :p.
Yeah I've decided the same thing, its Calais, if I do decide to change the tail lights it will be with the front bumper, grill, lights and it'll all be genuine VX Calais. But I've kind of fallen for the clear indicators and chrome strip, so its not on my major to do list. One day I'll have a real VX clubsport though :p

UPDATE
Anyway, I really want to get rid of my spoiler but don't want to be dodgy and plug up the holes. The car is being reprayed on the 29th (due to the rear quarter damage) but AAMI won't let me go with my prefered repairer, instead someone else who wants to charge me to take the spoiler off, which is $500 and I have to supply a new boot. That seems pretty sexually intercourse'd if you asked me so now it leaves me with a couple of options, first up, anyone have a spoilerless storm grey VT boot they want to swap? please. Pay the $500 or get a senator lip for it. Thoughts?

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
UPDATE
I found this place In Ferntree Gully that specialize in LED's and all that kinda stuff and yeah, Kinda went about crazy!
339353_10150299403063603_748258602_7749893_235218448_o.jpg

I've got two blue LED's under the footwells of the dash, then one LED in each corner of the doors and finally one in the roof. There is two little spot lights but I like the idea of white light when you need it so I'll be changing them to white LED's. I also got a blue LED light kit for the cluster : ). I want to slowly change all the lights to blue but we'll see how it goes.
Also, car is getting the exhaust on monday and lowered on SSL's on the saturday.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Looks alright mate, just don't be caught with them on by the cops Lol.

If funds allowed (and I didn't like the VE's so much), I would have held onto my VT forever. Great cars, cheap for parts, but she was just starting to age and feeling the pinch.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Blue looks mad. And also SSL can't wait to see the pics of it lowered.. Was Reading and looking at your picture. was about to say "drop it - drop it - drop it! - but you are:).

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blue looks mad. And also SSL can't wait to see the pics of it lowered.. Was Reading and looking at your picture. was about to say "drop it - drop it - drop it! - but you are:).

haha thanks man! I really love the blue! I can't wait to go completely through the car, changing all the green lights to blue, but I'm still a bit scared of ####ing something up :|
I can't wait to lower it, as soon as it comes back from the panel shop I'll throw pictures up!

Looks alright mate, just don't be caught with them on by the cops Lol.

If funds allowed (and I didn't like the VE's so much), I would have held onto my VT forever. Great cars, cheap for parts, but she was just starting to age and feeling the pinch.
Well the lights turn off when the doors are closed so I don't see why there would be to much of a issue but thanks :)
I love it! I'm really considering a VX calais front and rear conversion though