Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Torana Rebuild

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
I loved it before you started. Looks like it is going to be epic. Very jealous!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Should have put a V8 in it.

But seriously

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

Seriously...####. This is brilliant.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
great job mate and looking forward to more updates.. OH when can you do my sons 65 mustang? We have to down to a bare shell and needs a fair but or rust repairs

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Nice mate, I'll be watching this one. :spot on:

Thanks mate, will update again tonight, got another car i'm working on today. It's a paying job, so unfortunately the Torana takes a back seat to paying jobs.

I loved it before you started. Looks like it is going to be epic. Very jealous!

Cheers mate. Sometimes i look at the car now and think, what have i done? I just keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel, that keeps me motivated.

Should have put a V8 in it.

But seriously

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

Seriously...####. This is brilliant.

Always one isn't there? lol

I know you didn't mean it, but i'll put the V8 thing to rest here and now. I've thought long and hard about putting a V8 in it for a while, but i made the decision to keep it a bit different from the normal run of the mill V8 Torana. It gets shitloads of attention with the L67 in it (i think most are scratching there heads trying to work out what it is) and it's got enough power to keep me happy (can't wait to drive it now with the cam in it). The other thing is, i wouldn't get enough money from selling the 6 to build a Holden V8 and convert it with the same sort of fun factor (LS1 was always out of the question) so it would cost me money out of my pocket, money i don't have.

So, that's why the L67 is staying.

However, once this is finished, i'll be looking pretty hard for an LH/LX sedan to have as a daily driver, rest assured, that will be a V8.

Thanks for the comments though.

great job mate and looking forward to more updates.. OH when can you do my sons 65 mustang? We have to down to a bare shell and needs a fair but or rust repairs

Thanks mate. I'll pass on the Mustang, i've got a fair few cars lined up after i finish this to keep me going for a little while.

Oh, one other thing i will be doing this time i converting the UC tail lights to LH/LX. The UC front will be staying as i like it, but the rear lights are going. I'm on the look out for a stuffed LH/LX for its beaver panel.

Last edited:

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
I think I nearly dislocated my jaw just looking at this thing, and I cant stop druel pouring out of my mouth :p This is stunning, and any other word you can think of that means amazing! Really makes me want to finish off my budget race car and start on a nice street car. Im already majorly influenced from this, and ill keep watching closely. LOVE the l67, and LOVE the fact that is still going to be street driven. Thats what a real street machine is after all! Great work mate :)

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Oh, one other thing i will be doing this time i converting the UC tail lights to LH/LX. The UC front will be staying as i like it, but the rear lights are going. I'm on the look out for a stuffed LH/LX for its beaver panel.

I like this alot most horrible thing about uc's whyd they ever change it is beyond me

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I think I nearly dislocated my jaw just looking at this thing, and I cant stop druel pouring out of my mouth :p This is stunning, and any other word you can think of that means amazing! Really makes me want to finish off my budget race car and start on a nice street car. Im already majorly influenced from this, and ill keep watching closely. LOVE the l67, and LOVE the fact that is still going to be street driven. Thats what a real street machine is after all! Great work mate :)

Thanks mate, the positive comments are very overwhelming. It doesn't get driven all the time (far from it, it fact) but it still gets driven, it always has been and always will be a street car. I don't think it's ever been on a trailer since it's been on the road (well, once when we took it to the drags as it had slicks on it).

I like this alot most horrible thing about uc's whyd they ever change it is beyond me

Yeh, i don't "hate" them, i've lived with them for 12 years, it's just time for a change. I do agree that Holden shouldn't have changed the lights, they should have come with the LH/X lights from the factory. I do like the front sheetmetal of the UC though, that's why it's staying. Getting a decent beaver off an LH/X is proving to be a little difficult though.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
is it too difficult to convert uc rear to lh/x lights?

Never compared them so i wouldnt know but i have seen cars with it dont know how they went about it though