Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Torana Rebuild

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
When i say a little persistence, i mean actually lining the radiator support and inner guards up with the car. Normally i'd run a tremel gauge over the front end to make sure it's all square, but given i don't have access to one anymore i had to make do with a tape measure (which is hard to get accurate with obstacles in the way) and just moving it around until the gaps were nice. Now the front is all square, it'll gap up easily next time.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
looks good as usual.
keep it up.

would love to be able to learn all these tips and tricks and bits and pieces off you.
as im sure everyone would be.
you definately have a lot of skills, and alot of time to make it correct.

78_torana

Reaction score
Members Ride
l67 torana
Coming along nicely Tim, got the cooler kit in the post today. Just gotta find time to fit it all n cut bonnet bracing now. Shud b good for around 350rwhp I reckon. :-D

78_torana

Reaction score
Members Ride
l67 torana
Ye will do. Car is on gbox shop atm going reverse pattern full manual, all the best bits in there 2800 stall

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tonight i cut out the last piece that identifies this car as a UC. The dashboard is gone...

The dashboard is surprisingly easy to do. The UC sheetmetal un picked really easy and the LX piece is an exact fit. I've temporarily screwed the dash board in place, it just needs pulling back out now so i can fix a couple of small rust holes in the plenum chamber while the dash is out, then i will weld it in.

Out with the old:
IMGP3007600x450.jpg

In with the new:
IMGP3008600x450.jpg

IMGP3009600x450.jpg

IMGP3010600x450.jpg

I just couldn't help sitting all the fascia in place. Never mind the odd coloured cluster surround, i will track down a black one to match the rest at some point (along with an SL/R cluster). I'll also be filling in most of the holes in the lower piece as i won't be needing them anymore (choke, park brake release etc.). I'll probably put a couple of little lights in there to indicate low oil pressure and high water temp so it doesn't look bare.

The lower piece has never even been cut for a radio and i won't be cutting it either.

IMGP3014600x450.jpg

IMGP3013600x450.jpg

I also fitted one of the new headlights just to see what they will look like. I know they probably won't be to everyones tastes, but i like them.

IMGP3011600x450.jpg

IMGP3012600x450.jpg

So thats it for now.

Probably have some more progress later in the week/weekend.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Just because I don't like the motor being changed or the fact you are not running a flare setup,

Doesn't mean I can't appreciate this as being a bad ass top quality build!

The workmanship an hours being put into this is amazing, Keep it up Tim!

Cheers
Mat

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
:cry: you killed it! All the rest was great but this was that last bit that went too far :(

Reaper

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just because I don't like the motor being changed or the fact you are not running a flare setup,

Doesn't mean I can't appreciate this as being a bad ass top quality build!

The workmanship an hours being put into this is amazing, Keep it up Tim!

Cheers
Mat

Thanks Mat, everyone has different tastes, i can appreciate that. The Chev is what i've always really wanted, so it happened this time. Flares just aren't my thing, i prefer big wheels under the original guards.

Really appreciate the comment mate, thanks.

:cry: you killed it! All the rest was great but this was that last bit that went too far :(

Reaper

LOL, i knew you'd post something along those lines Reaper. Sorry mate, each to their own i guess. I'm sure you'll still appreciate the rest of the build, so if 1 person doesn't like 1 thing, i think i've done pretty well...:p

You can't please everyone. I just need to please myself.