Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vc Wagon.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well motor and box are sold so the fun's about to begin, pulling the Rb out this week & the 173 & make a start on the conversion. Thinking i'll drop the Rb in so i can set everything up then pull it back out to paint the engine bay.....So missions on at last ;-)

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Looks like it should be a good project. So your using the vl k frame?

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Shes a keeper so she'll come up well, be using everything from the Vl. K-frame - brakes diff The whole 9 yards, she'll basically be a Vl wrapped in a Vc shell buy the time im done. Dropping diffs now, just had another quake so i've stopped for a bit, im in the eastern suburbs in Christchurch Nz so shes fun & games......

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Ohh haha, bugger that, couldn't live down there! She'll be mint. Staying auto?

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah a shallow 4.8 7 k's away so rocked the shed pretty good lol, yeah staying auto. The trans in the parts wagons a minter, drove it home and gave it a good thrash to check everything out. Just got the Vl diff out so onto mine soon......

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well thats 2 diffs out, take the Mrs to work soon then its beer time. Just sat one of the new mags under the back, they sure suit her i reckon.......
Picture362.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well motor & box are sold so be pulling them out this week, got the Vl diff in so that's one less job to do. The conversion's about to begin, just bought an engine crane last night to make things easier. Cut the front out of the Vl yesterday so be a piece of cake to get the motor & trans out of that, cant wait to have it all done & sorted but i wont be rushing. Do it once & do it right is my motto ;-)

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Getting ready to pull the motor out of the parts wagon, shes half out now. Bit on at pres so finish that in the next couple of days, new owners picking the 173 up in the weekend so going to hall that out tomorrow after i pick up the engine crane i bought ;-)
Picture366.jpg
Picture364.jpg
Picture365.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Cheers & yeah i was gutted bout the wheels to but they were Ht holden pattern, she was still on 4 cylinder brakes so was damn scarey to stop. So the wheels had to go for safety sake, wanting to get this new type of mag I've seen over here at some stage. They've got a black mesh center with chrome outer, look pretty similar to the old hotwires so that's the plan for down the tack a bit