Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vc Wagon.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Getting a bit done on the old girl, mounted the air box & got a good plan for a cold air intake with that. I'll get some photos up when it's done, all the wiring holes have been drilled so once i weld up some unwanted holes in the firewall & fix that floor rust i can fit the loom in. Got the floor section 2 3rds out of the parts wagon, just a mission with those bloody spot welds lol. Hope my welding wire turns up soon then can get a heap done, i buy it online because the shops sell it for $56 over here yet you can get it online for $33.
Started cleaning up the passengers side in the engine bay, i'll get that side done 1st. Not sure what i'll do on her today but i'll soon figure that when i hit the shed.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Thought i'd chuck some pics up of where she's at, got a bit more done. Fitted the front end today & have started mounting the power steering lines....
Picture050.jpg
Picture048.jpg
Picture046.jpg

Mounted the air box & where the air intake is i'm going to open up on the outside so shes getting cool air
Picture047.jpg
Picture037-1.jpg
Picture049.jpg
Picture053.jpg

And heres my fun part....
Picture051.jpg
Picture052.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well that floor section was a different shape so im going to use part of it, the tunnel to floor section fits well so i'll weld that in & just make the rest out of panel steel. A pain in the rear but least once shes done she wont go there again in a hurry, got her back on her wheels again which is a bonus. I live in Christchurch Nz so get a bit paranoid having her on stands with all the quakes we keep getting here, makes it interesting when your under the car when one hits i tell ya lol

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Havent got anything done in the last few days, either been to busy or the weathers been crap. Got all my supplies i needed though so either this arvo or tomorrow i'll be back into the old girl, 1st job will be to weld the dash frame in & finish the l/h side of the engine bay & get that in primer. Hope to get the engine in in the next 7 to 10 days then i can sort the trans cross member & get her all wired up to go.....

Mr202

Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH SL Worked 6
Niiice bud cant wait to see this old girl with some progress, the first interior / body pics are clean as! goodluck with the project mate keep us posted!

Sam.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
I sure will be some updates in the next couple of days, shes a tidy one for sure just that bit of rust to sort in the floor. They all go in the same place over here but i'll soon sort that and make sure shes sealed so you wont go there again....
Dave

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
She's sure taking shape bit by bit. Looking good so far.
Yes the VK rubber is the one you want for dash clearance. Also looks alot neater on the outside as it doesn't have the metal trim on it like VH or the bead like vb vc.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
That she is & cheers bout that Vk rubber i'll track one down for her, wasn't keen on trimming the Vc one back but had to to get the dash in but least i no i can sort that with the Vk one. Much appreciated.....
Dave

Bazza

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 HSV Clubsport Z
One of the best threads for documenting your work I've seen in awhile...great job

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Cheers....seen quite a few on forums asking how to do this conversion so thought i'd document it to help anyone else who wants to do the same. I'll get some more pics up today or tomorrow, just welded the dash frame in and a few factory holes in the engine bay. Want to get the left hand side of the engine bay done so i can mount the fuse box and fit the wiring into her.....
Dave