Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vl Turbo Conversion

cracker

Reaction score
what did you end up doing with the handbrake cable situation

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
got a disk rear handbrake cable from wreckers bloke. vn one is too long as the drum one is not compatible as well.. :p

Nope Nackerz im lazy man have not put the ecu and injectors in yet. Knowing my luck ill up the boost and pop the gasket :p

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
hmmm mines on 6psi atm prob my luck will go at 7psi.. then i may put 2 in like Bow has done, all i have heard with copper ones is they r sh*t your thoughts??? what i should put in

ive tryd the lot lol.....simple best thing to do is leave it stock...

i tryed two head gaskets[this lasted longest]
i tryed acl copper head gasket [they are **** unless you "o" ring the block]
i tryed one standard head gasket ive poped them all lol[this didnt last long when i new it was gone i held the car flat in anger and watched it spray coolant evry where onto on coming cars lol]

then again 17 psi dont help...

ive still got my old setup sitting aside and the thought keeps poping into my head to just build my motor like i should have

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
have you thought about mls head gaskets?cometic?

my mate has my turbo stuff but im sure he would like the 5ltr and 5spd for a swap.then i could get back into my bay and re do it.......

you got any trim pics up?ive just picked up vl brock head rests and piking up a rear seat in red to cut up and re trim my brock head rests

cracker

Reaction score
6 psi is #### all, you could fart 6psi.
step up and put it on 10-12psi at least.

you should never pop a headgasket, unless its pinging, setups not going to ping because you will go out of your way too design it properly.

my bottem end has done 220 000km, it has seen up too 21psi of boost from a gt35
ran on 15psi for 10months, 15 due to clutch slipping on 19psi which it was set at.
boost isnt going to pop a gasket. poor tuning will.
oh btw standard nissan head gasket, standard headbolts.
good surface prep and using a good torque wrench and using the correct toque sequence, do it once do it right.

copper head gaskets along with extra injectors belong in the 1990's leave them there.
running two standard head gaskets is retarded.
use a standard nissan genuine gasket or a cometic, at least a nissan gasket may act as some sort of fuse of sorts in the event of a lean out

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
dont pump any more then 10 psi into your hi comp .you running a 3ta ecu and vlt injectors?if not leave it round 7 psi...turbo ecu and injectors dont like much more then 12 psi

what power you making on 6 psi and what tourqe?been on dyno?

Last edited:

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Thanks heaps for the info fellas i like it... bout time i get some back as all i seem to do is dish it out.. :p

So Bow your question man, i been lazy, i gotta put in the 3TA and turbo injectors. not been on dyno, gotta source one up here.. Torque Gas has one i think. might put them in tomorrow.. depending on weather(been **** up here) + i like your story.(Go hard or go home)

Cracker, Cheers man for input as well. My Donk has done 300,000+ this was a lazy convert.could not be bothered pulling the motor out. i have another A6 in the shed with 180.000 odd on her

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Juat more Photoshop fun. only update really i been lazy.

VlTurbo-1.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Hey quick question I'm gonna embark on a VL turbo build early next year and was wondering how you got your intercooler piping sorted, that's the only thing that i reckon I'll need to get external help with, did you have an exhaust shop do the bends for you?