Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VTII Calais

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
ohhh ok, i thought as soon as you lower it the ride quality isnt as good. I'd love to get it lowered though, would make it look so much better. WHEN i get rims haha mi probably gonna go the internationals or maybe some vaults or something like that... I like the chunky look. I'll definatly have to ask around about the lowering.

Last edited:

MZ5TATO

mzsт8o..mizgmh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII STATESMAN 5.0LTR
mm nice n neat lookin vt majt! good luck with future mods..
just a few lil suggestions: firstly i reckon u get rid of her mudflaps, get twin dumpies put on her, remove her spoiler and drop her :p hehe
MikeVT quote -=> "taking the V6 badges off (not trying to pretend it's a V8, just trying to hide the fact that its a V6 haha)" <=- Hahaha they look neater without badges anyway! :)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahaha yeahh i want to take the mud flaps off, but i like to have a bit of fun in the mud, and they help keep it a little clean, but yeah as soon as i lower it theyre going in the bin haha. And that spoiler... arghhh every time i look at it i just want to rip it off! haha ahh well, soon enough. Hmm i've been asking a few people, should i keep this car and start doing it up like crazy.. as in spend obscene amounts of money on it... or save up and get a VY calais when im off my p's?? decisions decisions =P

MZ5TATO

mzsт8o..mizgmh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII STATESMAN 5.0LTR
hmm.. dunno majt.. wat u reckon? wat does ur heart say? wat does ur head say? hehe
i havent seen maybe vy calais' done up so if u end up doin one of dem up .. good luck with it.. but ey.. all up to u i spose, which would u prefer to have? a vtc? or vyc?

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmmm well at the moment I'm 50/50, so im not sure whether to start spending money or not haha, just see what happends i guess :unsure: But i really want it lowered, the hieght yours is is pretty much exactly what i want =P how does it feel to drive? Still a smooth ride?

MZ5TATO

mzsт8o..mizgmh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII STATESMAN 5.0LTR
yeh.. i reckon lower it anyway :) makes a huge difference! trust me!! lol i still cant get over the fact mines finally lowered lol
i got formula coil king springs (one of the best springs, so some say) as well as pedders comfort gas shockers (previous owner put in new, woohoo lol) well, for me.. ye its smooth i guess not as bumpy as some cars ive been in.. but i dun mind the bumps, they're fun i reckon haha.. people dat have driven with me, have comented dat it drives nicely.. so yea i spose it does ;p
but remember its sittin on 19z, so if i had 17s or wateva on it, would sit lower :) *thinks about it* haha

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
clean lookin' vt mate. put wheels on it then lower it. cos you'll get it to look good with the 16's on but if you go 18's after it will look higher. just my 2 cents.

fuel_within

Chief Executive
Reaction score
Members Ride
CUSTOM VS
Lower, wheels and de-badge... Leave Calais and the 'Lion' badges on though
Looks good pal
;)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Took off the rear spoiler today!!! At the moment I've put grommets in to cover up the holes, haha i fluked it and got the perfect sized ones; they fit perfectly. Hopefully soon i'll get it fixed up properly but im much happier without the spoiler =D. Next are the badges...

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
hey mate, neat calais, just wondering whereabouts you got the grommits from? do they leak at all?