Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Yeh, I've got Roadworthy check coming soon so I'm not touching them until afterwards. I've got a set of aftermarket clear lenses and a can of Nightshade to do the experiment with after that. Not going to change anything on and off the car just for rego every year.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Well I was sick of the bonnet not staying up at all on it's own, So I decided to replace the struts. and because I'm a fool it had to be chrome.

The car has also recently decided to make a horrible pulsating noise whenever I'm driving. Sounds like a bearing, although when jacked up none of the bearings feel wobbly, and all the wheels spin freeing. My mechanic took it for a drive and still thinks its a rear bearing, which I'm not going to touch, so I'm going to get him to fix it. Hopefully he's right on the first go.

wl9bmp.jpg

Last edited:

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Small update.

After getting DBA slotted rotors in the ute, the braking in the wagon was feeling more and more lackluster. So when a good sale came along I had to bite, and ended up with DBA T3 slotted rotors and Forza FP3 pads all round (Only $704 for the whole lot)

While I had them fitted I also had the handbrake tweaked so that it actually works, and got the calipers painted. You can't realy see them behind the wheels while the car is stopped, but the look good while the car is moving.

2e6579j.jpg

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gave my brakes a bleed the other day and refitted the Calais wheels which I kept when I sold the ute. I like that you can see the rotors and brakes a lot better through them. I also like how easy it is to clean the calipers now they are painted and I can just wipe them off. Shame about how dirty the rest of the wheel well is. I'll deal with that one day.

2u739lh.jpg

24qpsw3.jpg

I also picked up my new toy last week to replace the ute. It's a VEII SSV manual sportwagon in, of course, blue. The pair look quite good together.

24msvuo.jpg

Chilli_Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX XU6
How do you find the Mace cai with the clear lid?
Was looking at them myself but wasn't sure if they're as heat resistant as the standard Mace lid.