Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
How do you find the Mace cai with the clear lid?
Was looking at them myself but wasn't sure if they're as heat resistant as the standard Mace lid.

I can't say I've done any sort of testing, but there was no noticeable difference. I just bought it because it looks better. It looked nicer when my air filter was new as it was blue and chrome, but sadly most of the colour came out when I washed it.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally got around to installing the Calais headlights I've had sitting into garage for a while. Still not sure what I like better, but I'll leave them black for now.

hvctj7.jpg
2chmdtg.jpg

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Many years ago, while parked in a particularly ****ty carpark, i had the misfortunate of some inconsiderate asshat running his bull bar down my passenger rear door before maniacally speeding away (That's how I assume it went down anyway). However due to high excesses and not want my premiuns to go up, I never claimed it on insurance. Instead I polished it as best i could and moved on with my life. however the dent has always bothered me, espcially since it is the only decent dent on the car (It has plenty of scatches, but no dents).

143bbm.jpg

So I finally (a year ago) decided I wanted to fix it. seing that commodores are as common as they are, the easiest option was to rip the door off, and throw on a replacement (I bought this ages ago, i just never got around to fitting it).

elpg2.jpg

mjbqkj.jpg

I'm very happy with the colour match. and now i can finally get the car tinted, which I was avoiding because then I would've had to swap the glass between the door.

R

Risky

Ok the black headlights aren't growing on me. I might get my old ones properly restored and resealed then refit them.

The black ones look fine to me. It gives a mean stance upfront. Nice ride.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got the car back from one of it's more expensive services in recent memory. On the plus side it now has new plugs, leads, coolant, hoses, transmission fluid and filter. On the down side it still need a couple more things, which I'll have to sort out soon.

And because I can I got blue radiator hoses for pure wank value. I like them. Now I just need to paint my rocker covers to match the engine cover (and they are leaking anyway, so two birds, one stone). I wasn't going to bother with fancy leads, but my mechanic happens to stock NGK blue leads anyway.

ezxc4.jpg

R

Risky

Lol a lot of blue there. I've got Eiffel 65 - Blue stuck in my head now!

Nice tidy engine bay.