Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My ZB

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Where did you pull that photo? It looks a lot like Exeter Wreckers.
Funny story. Me and my best mate and our then partners (now wives) went into the pub at Exeter on our way to sunny Ulverston/Vulvaston
Walked in for a refreshing pint of ale and the whole place stopped. As we walked in each person we walked past said hi. The game of pool stopped. Every person stared at us until we had finished our refreshing ales. No one talked the whole time. As we left, nearly every person said see ya as we went past.
Must have asked for a pint of Cascade instead of Boags.

When we got to our friends house, they all just said, You don't just walk into the Exeter pub. No one does that. You don't stop in Exeter.
Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 8.18.48 pm.png

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This thread needs more Tezza....

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Be careful what you wish for!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I think the ZB was an engineering marvel. The OHC engines in the ZB were far superior to blue and black motors of that era. The only thing I'd say came even close was the 1.9 UC OHC engine, again another engineering marvel and well thought out by GMH.
Sorry @Fu Manchu I cannot lie, and have to Tell The Truth

But they ended as an oil sieve, when I working in the Petrol Station for over 6 years

And it was top up the tank,
Fill up the oil.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
But I did have one of these.
$500 worth of 351ci goodness, and not one straight panel to be seen on it. Sold it for $600 when the rego expired.

1976 Ford Fairlane ZG today s tempter

If only I had known .......... put it in a shed, cover it with chook ****, and I could have sold it now $50,000, and bought 2 of the last not made in Australia Commodores. :(

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Funny story. Me and my best mate and our then partners went into the pub at Exeter on our way to sunny Ulverston/Vulvaston
Walked in for a refreshing pint of ale and the whole place stopped. As we walked in each person we walked past said hi. The game of pool stopped. Every person stared at us until we had finished our refreshing ales. No one talked the whole time. As we left, nearly every person said see ya as we went past.
Must have asked for a pint of Cascade instead of Boags.

When we got to our friends house, they all just said, You don't just walk into the Exeter pub. No one does that. You don't stop in Exeter.
View attachment 245281
Yeah had the same thing happen when me and the missus walked into the local at Rosebery.
Still love Tazzy.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
We have a pub like that over here in Mangere, never been in there but have had a run in with someone who wore a uniform who was a regular.