Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 SSV PHNTYM

Status
Not open for further replies.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd like to think companies would stand by the products they sell and support customers if they encounter issues with them or their products, I mean if they did they'd do much better business building loyal customers and generate more customers through positive work of mouth.

After the failure of your cats it's like removing the exhaust and inspecting them should be done almost as periodic maintenance.

Spot on, I loved the design of the headers with the offset cats, but I won’t be recommending them to anyone now.

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Any thoughts on what you'll do from here re the exhaust?

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally got the front bar in and links set up properly, wasn’t the easiest thing to do on the garage floor.

8-A61-A99-A-CBB5-4-DB8-B84-C-CF772-A2-BA616.jpg

26-D381-C2-A2-DF-4-CE7-856-F-A97-FC9808-F6-C.jpg

9-DF147-F1-3580-4-D6-C-A797-D160-A8-CC9-D6-F.jpg

I have the front set on 2nd softest and rear on softest, keen to get it out for a drive but the diff is being rebuilt by Chris loumanis, Ford 9 inch diffs of FB. Had problems with the old one since it was built, clunky and noisy, took it back straight away and they claimed it was normal, and I stupidly just accepted it. Finally had enough and getting it done right.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
This car goes from strength to strength.

It's a great example of how to tastefully mod a VF.

Thanks mate, I can’t wait to get it to another track day and get it all dialled in.

Redline17

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Redline LS3
Jesus; this is a beautiful car; I like to look at mine all day but **** that thing looks nice.

Are you a mechanic or one of those talented “**** makes sense” dudes ? Or the both sorry ?

Nice ride.....(apologies if you don’t like the description of beautiful)

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jesus; this is a beautiful car; I like to look at mine all day but **** that thing looks nice.

Are you a mechanic or one of those talented “**** makes sense” dudes ? Or the both sorry ?

Nice ride.....(apologies if you don’t like the description of beautiful)

hahah thanks bud, really appreciate that.

Definitely far from a mechanic, I haven’t really ‘worked’ on cars much at all until this one. But I enjoy it. Most of it is just taking stuff off and putting other stuff back on.

Places like this and YouTube are your friend.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got my diff back. Looks mint in black.

CB6-BDC7-B-77-FC-48-B0-BDC0-1-EC7-C877-DCA7.jpg

When I originally got my diff built, it was basically new, the car had 5000kms on it.

So in the process of getting this one built we found out the lovely guys down at 360 gearboxes in Bayswater not only did a **** job of building the diff, they didn’t even use my new housing, they gave me a shitty damaged one that had already had a blow up.

BD6808-A2-974-A-4249-A274-B71-F6-AB9-FCA1.jpg

12-FADB90-ED23-49-D5-8-BD0-538-CAD8932-AB.jpg

Who knows what they did with mine, probably sold it as it was basically a brand new diff.

This damage probably doesn’t compromise the strength of the case but that’s besides the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.