Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My16

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Opel platform, all wheel drive and possible turbo V6 next year. Watch this space.:smoking:

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
In terms of what the MY16 looks likely to have, this is somewhat similar to what HSV did late into the VE with the GXP models,

Had the LS3 and half commodore/HSV styling, not sure if it got other HSV options or brakes etc, What did they sell for in comparison to the redline?

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Thanks Ghost.

It was a bit of a stressful ramble.

I will relax and see what happens...........

It was a great rant and we need more passion. If I could get my hands on a Hemi more easily I would. I love Mopar.

I bought my SSV Redline because I wanted a V8. The extra bits just make it all the better :D

nickn91

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss-v vf 550kw
I work for holden the 6.2l isn't coming yet. Rumors in are that the 6 2 will come in the my17 the last commodore built the my15/16 just has paddle shifts and a couple of cosmetic changes you can actually get the new brochures from any dealer as they came in for us on Wednesday

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
its already been confirmed. the my15 gets the paddels ect, the my16 gets the new engine yada yada.
the my17 will be (if anything) small lifts to run out the model

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
If it gets to MY17. My guess, and I hope I am wrong, is that Holden will pull manufacturing pin early. Let's see shall we.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
they will, but it will just be like the current my14-1 change as far as slight cosmetic changes or a wheel change, more than likley pushed by parts supply becomming pinched.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
I was going to RANT again but as I am a calmer person now, (and this relates to FORD),all I will say is this(LOL): The new FG-X XR8 is supposed to be same list price as the Redline. Ford dealers are listing at $63k on road for a manual. That is a long way from $52,490 plus on roads. I feel sorry for the ford fans, but they should be used to being screwed over by the FoMoCo people. They did it in 1983 when they dropped the V8, They did it again in 1991, re-introducing the 5.0l Windsor, but with restrictive options on each trim level. I.e. (you could option the V8 into the base model, but only with an auto). The did it again when they dropped the V8 from the Falcon range in 2010, now only available as an FPV. I.e. no V8 Falcon for the cash strapped Enthusiast masses. Then FoMoCo people decide to give the Average Aussie Ford Enthusiast a cracking good performance car, prior to killing off the Falcon and at a price equivalent to our Redline. A Falcon Muscle car at a great price. OOps.... screwed again, this time by the dealers price Gouging.

So buy a Redline, stick a supercharger on it and you have a better car with more, at a similar price, albeit not factory built.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
dude. what the #### does this have to do with next years MY16... wrong thread

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hearing rumors of vented bonnets again, maby redline or hsv?

anyone able to confirm anything from factory side?