Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MYLINK, Map updates for a 2013 MY14 Caprice V

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Due to the number of people that bail on a service/update, a lot of dealerships request payment upfront for maps, otherwise they pay for a maps update which never gets used."
Got the Money out of me in ADVANCE and NOW they cant do it!.

I have posted the below on another thread this morning but I will post it here now in the correct thread.

I rang up the Holden Dealer this morning and they told me there is no updated MAPS for the Caprice V (2013 MY14) after the Dealer requested them from Holden itself. Also she said I have the Latest that is available for my car. Now I dont understand this since our local Subdivision where we live has been there for 7 years and the 2015 VF SV6 Storm has it after I had the Maps updated 3 years ago. So what the Holden dealer is Telling me that the latest maps are not available even the maps for 2015 (the VF Storm has the new 7 year old subdivision) for the Caprice V. Something does not add up here

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Got the Money out of me in ADVANCE and NOW they cant do it!...
Welcome to the world of designed obsolescence and Holden not giving a **** :oops:

But, if you paid for a map update and it couldn’t be delivered, then you must get your money back in full.

luckily ACL not only affords protection for the products we buy but the statutory warranty provisions also includes services which must be delivered in a professional manner..... that in essence could mean some Holden dealers shouldn’t trade :p

Last edited:

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
MY16 first registered 2017.
I had a map update done in May 2017 but was told that camera locations come from a firmware update but so far no dealer has been able to give me any correct advice on that

This could be another classic Holden bungle up. I has a similar experience while trying to install sports steering wheel on my Calais. The dealer apparently tried but even their lead tech “failed” to enable it. This is with the parts department confirming that the sports steering wheel (with paddles) are on the official accessories list for my car :mad:

The Calais I own is also a MY16 vehicle. And I have speed camera alert option enabled on mine. Most Holden dealers are a bunch of incompetent idiots. Holden reps are not different either.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
But, if you paid for a map update and it couldn’t be delivered, then you must get your money back in full.

:p
I just got it back 30 min ago. Well she said it was credited back into my bank but wont know until tomorrow when I will log on to my account.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
This could be another classic Holden bungle up. I has a similar experience while trying to install sports steering wheel on my Calais. The dealer apparently tried but even their lead tech “failed” to enable it. This is with the parts department confirming that the sports steering wheel (with paddles) are on the official accessories list for my car :mad:

The Calais I own is also a MY16 vehicle. And I have speed camera alert option enabled on mine. Most Holden dealers are a bunch of incompetent idiots. Holden reps are not different either.
I will wait until this Covid-19 shi.t is over and if I'm still alive I will contact other dealers to see if they can get the Map update for a Caprice V My 14.
The Maps in the car I think they are OLD as they do not show the new Subdivision which is 7 years old yet the 2015 SV6 Storm show it after I update it from New for the First time 3 years ago.
The 2013 MY14 Caprice V Shows = 22802346 Version 30.0E.0C.33
23164647 Version 30.5F.06.20

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
It's worse than Holden being retired.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's worse than Holden being retired.
This is the reason why I wanted to do all now and not leave it later in the year when Holden shuts there doors forever.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is the reason why I wanted to do all now and not leave it later in the year when Holden shuts there doors forever.
Now we have the Convid-19 to worry about and when this goes away which I dont think so this year Holden will be GONE!!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
MAP DATES
Does anyone know the Years and the Months since the VF was introduced where there was the MAP Update. Now the VF was introduced in June or July 2013 so that was original maps so what year and months was the next map update, and the next, and the next, and the last.

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
When they updated my maps 1 1/2 years ago, it didn't take the first time and had to go back, mine has the speed camera locations, railways and school zones, and the firmware update gave me movable guidelines.