Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MYLINK, Map updates for a 2013 MY14 Caprice V

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Well a lot of us will be waiting for Sir @TazzI

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Well I just came back from the Holden Dealer (not so stealers as I Paid less for the Mylink and the Map update than other dealers want to charge) Yes I got back but only a Mylink update and not the Maps. At least now I have the reversing Grids but cant find the School warnings as what is stated in my Holden Factory Manual in the book that come with the car.
Now I have to wait until this Friday or Monday (more Covid-19 panic) until Holden supplies the Map for my Vin via a usb or whatever.

Tell me guys I have noticed in my receipt (paid for the Mylink and Map today) in my receipt it has the Map update as Version 17 so whats version 17 "eg" 2016, 17 or 18. Cant be 2019 as Holden is not that good.

The series 2 had the railway and school zones which have to be turned on in settings under driver/user alerts. The MY 17 version had the camera locations. My MY14 Calais V was one of the first cars to have the Map updates (version before 2017 map) did not have the user alerts at all. The head unit must of had many changes throughout the VF car life. I know there are heaps of radio revisions in EPC over the years.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The series 2 had the railway and school zones which have to be turned on in settings under driver/user alerts. The MY 17 version had the camera locations. My MY14 Calais V was one of the first cars to have the Map updates (version before 2017 map) did not have the user alerts at all. The head unit must of had many changes throughout the VF car life. I know there are heaps of radio revisions in EPC over the years.
All VF2 can do camera locations, but if I remember correctly the maps or firmware the earlier ones were shipped with didn’t allow it to be used. The latest software & maps will enable the cameras on any VF2.

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
All VF2 can do camera locations, but if I remember correctly the maps or firmware the earlier ones were shipped with didn’t allow it to be used. The latest software & maps will enable the cameras on any VF2.

My VF2 doesn't have camera locations. When I enquired at 2 dealers in late 2017, the first said there is a firmware update available. They tried several times to apply supposed update but failed. 2nd dealer said there was no update available for my vehicle. When I called HCC I was also told there is no update available. Totally confusing!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tell me guys I have noticed in my receipt (paid for the Mylink and Map today) in my receipt it has the Map update as Version 17 so whats version 17 "eg" 2016, 17 or 18. Cant be 2019 as Holden is not that good.

What do you think? Version 17 stand for 2017 or version 17 means something else

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride

Actually I think you are correct. Originally they could only show railway and school locations but with the 2017 map update, they can also show the speed cameras once you select the camera locations in user preferences.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
My VF2 doesn't have camera locations. When I enquired at 2 dealers in late 2017, the first said there is a firmware update available. They tried several times to apply supposed update but failed. 2nd dealer said there was no update available for my vehicle. When I called HCC I was also told there is no update available. Totally confusing!
Which year is your vehicle? MY?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
Which year is your vehicle? MY?
MY16 first registered 2017.
I had a map update done in May 2017 but was told that camera locations come from a firmware update but so far no dealer has been able to give me any correct advice on that

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Some time ago, I copied the explanation below from a previous post by one of our members. My apologies to him as I didn't record his name or the thread.

"MyLink Update Process Explained

There’s lots of confusion when it comes to updates.

To break it down for everyone, there are three types of updates:
1) Main Firmware USB Update - This is the Mylink firmware/operating system (It runs the show.. just like windows)
2) Configuration Updates - This is done through flashing (Not the stripper kind..), I did a quick demo of this a page or so back turning on the POI in a 2014 mylink
3) Navigation Updates - This is done through USB but only does the maps.

Once the maps have been updated, it should show 84019565, version 30.11.0F.11

Option 1 and 2 do not cost the Holden dealership anything to use. So when they say you get a 'free update during service', this is probably the configuration update only, or if they are nice enough, also the main firmware update (Which takes AGES).

Option 3, does actually cost the dealership money and time. They have to pay for the maps in advance, using your VIN as the license, which is why they ask for it prior to coming in. Then have to wait between 1-3 days for the required license to be generated and sent through to the dealership for use.

Due to the number of people that bail on a service/update, a lot of dealerships request payment upfront for maps, otherwise they pay for a maps update which never gets used."