Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink update?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I was supposed to have an update yesterday but the ####ing dealer did not do one damn thing.

I wrote an email to the service manager today and told him if he doesn't sort the **** out the next email will be to the dealer principal and after that to Holden.
Mylink is one ####ed up mess and they need to fix it.

Scottay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VF V8 SSV
I just got the usual reply, "We paired it with an IPhone 5 & 6 and they both worked. other than that your system is up to date!" Yet I have no reversing guides. Must cost them hundreds to put this update into play????

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It keeps someone busy for quite a long time, so it may cost them hundreds in "opportunity cost" (ie. what they could be charging others for services).

I'm trying to remember back a couple of pages; guidelines can be disabled from a menu, can't they? And you've not got the option to disable them? Those menus suck to find stuff in, I can't remember how to find the spot where you can disable the "tow bar" option with the reversing guidelines (which is annoying because the red line was in a perfect spot, without the tow-bar option, to use when backing into our garage!).

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I finally found the difference in the my link update for my car I am now able to delete saved addresses and previous locations for the sat nav from the config section under Navigation settings

Forg the section you need is Config > Vehicle Settings> Collision Detection Systems > Park Assist.

wherediditland

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Forg the section you need is Config > Vehicle Settings> Collision Detection Systems > Park Assist.
Ta - I'll try to remember that next time I'm in the car. :)

Scottay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VF V8 SSV
It keeps someone busy for quite a long time, so it may cost them hundreds in "opportunity cost" (ie. what they could be charging others for services).

I'm trying to remember back a couple of pages; guidelines can be disabled from a menu, can't they? And you've not got the option to disable them? Those menus suck to find stuff in, I can't remember how to find the spot where you can disable the "tow bar" option with the reversing guidelines (which is annoying because the red line was in a perfect spot, without the tow-bar option, to use when backing into our garage!).

I will search through the menus again but as far as I have seen so far I do not have the option to disable them simply because if I found they were off any time that I went through the menus I would have certainly turned them on. I'll go back through this thread to see if there were instructions on how to turn them off/on.

Thanks!

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
I just got the usual reply, "We paired it with an IPhone 5 & 6 and they both worked. other than that your system is up to date!" Yet I have no reversing guides. Must cost them hundreds to put this update into play????
You lose bluetooth connection periodically (eg while driving around, while on calls etc).

In a previous page in this thread somebody uploaded a letter from Holden customer care GM stating that there are updates available

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Ok so the car went back today to have the My Link issue fixed after the upgrade issue on the Saturday service (was advised updates are only to be done during the week as they can take up to 3 hours and require a internet connection) and I can confirm there is a new version and a few changes I have noticed so far:

1) Now able to delete the history from the Sat Nav
2) Now finally able to mute the Sat Nav directions when on the phone so the person on the other needs does not hear the directions anymore
3) Display is brighter during the day and also easier to see when it switches to night mode
4) Sat Nav also seems more responsive
5) Phone connectivity is a lot better
6) Phone book updates with out failing
7) Voice prompts and Siri seems to work better

SydneyGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SV6
I wonder why they implemented an update process that is so difficult and slow? Surely the idea would have been to just plug in a USB key with the files on it and away it goes. 3 hours for an update is ridiculous.