Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink update?

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
It says that it will be rolled out to all Holdens, not just new ones. Anybody heard anything?

No, but did you see the tweet response at the right of the page saying, "there will be a cost for the update. We recommend checking this with your preferred dealership."?

blackvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Walkinshaw
I'll pay for CarPlay. It will make me keep my Calais.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
If you go in and read the tweet, the guy is asking about map updates for the sat nav.
My car is due now for a service so I will see what I can find out.

SydneyGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SV6
There was no mention of CarPlay or Android Auto being made available on the Commodore range :-(

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
You have been connected to Lauren.
Lauren: Hi there Josh My name is Lauren, how can I help you today?
Josh Rogan : I am just checking if there any map updates for my Holden Calais V 'VF Series 1"
Lauren: Thanks for contacting us, Josh
Lauren: At this stage, we anticipate a satellite navigation map update for the series I VF Calais-V in the first quarter of this year however, it has not been released as yet.
Josh Rogan : was there one issued in 2014 ?
Lauren: One moment, Josh, I'll check that for you.
Lauren: Thanks for your patience, Josh. Apologies for the delay.
Lauren: As the series I VF began as the model year 2014, a satellite navigation map update was not made available in that year. The map update we're currently waiting was anticipated for the end of 2015 however, it has been delayed until the start of this year.
Lauren: Hi Josh, we haven't heard from you in the last 2 minutes; are you still there?
Lauren: Hi Josh, do you want to keep chatting with us, as we haven't heard from you in the last 4 minutes?
Lauren: Josh, we would love to keep chatting to you, but as we haven't heard from you for a while, we are going to end the chat now.
Should you wish to contact Customer Care, our live chat hours of operation are 8AM - 10PM (Monday to Friday).
Thank you and we hope to hear from you again soon!
Thank you for using Live Help. You may now close this window.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
they better get cracking if they still want a first quarter release...... only 20 more days left!

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Anybody care to ask them about the Apple/Android play update for VF? Can't do it on my work computer

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
What happened to Josh? Did he ever say goodbye or just drop the keyboard and walk away boss style? Is he a ninja? Did he close the window? Did his mum ban him from talking to Holden for bad manners? Is he lost on an unmarked road his GPS can't get him off?

Josh? Hello? Everyone at Holden is worried sick.

Last edited:

Lowy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf callais
Android auto and apple car play will be nice. I bet my iPod is still going to take an hour to index every time I start the car

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Someone who sounded like they knew what they were talking about said, about a year ago, that the Commodore version of MyLink wasn't capable of doing Car Play or Android Auto for hardware rather than software reasons.
While it'd be nice if that was wrong, I'm not hoping for 'em to be available for Commodore. Unless a new MyLink happens for MY2017 (unlikely IMHO).