Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Once the engine is assembled they would have absolutely no way of knowing it had a stroker kit in it..... Go the stroker!!!!!

Could get it certified with a bog stock 3.8ltr then up your game afterwards?
Internal mods would remain hidden I suppose.

Miccydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 RG spacecab colorado
If i can throw $10k into the engine and get close to 200rwkw then when i drop the engine into a car that only wieghs 900kg with fully upgraded suspension, brakes and tyres, i should have a pretty decent car.

Miccydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
When it came to coosing what to build i realised every man and his dog has a hq/hz/hx/hj/wb aswell as tonners. Torana's are out of my price range so i thought a decently built gemini with an n/a 6 wasnt as common and would be a nice little challenge

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The V6 as a swap isn't a bad choice, but I think you'd be better off getting a low k engine with basic bolt-ons and a reputable mail order tune. For 10k the value just isn't there (very few people have hit the 200kw mark n/a, not to mention streetability). I guess my suggestion is that 200kw is an arbitrary number for peak power that you'll rarely see, start thinking in terms of torque curve

Miccydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
My goal with this build is to have a high performance gemini that when people see it and realise whats involved they step back and appreciate the effort i've gone too compared to someone that wants a "good enough" build. This will be my SLR 5000, not a skid pig tonne ute

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
will be interesting to watch.... my v6 went 12.3 @108mph at the drags and that was at 1380kg's on BP ultimate fuel. Surprisingly it still cruised nice, did have a slight rough idle but nothing major to deal with. It can be fun doing something different, but does also have it's challenges

Miccydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks jas. good see some positive feedback about the v6's i'm prepared for a rough idle which i personally like and as a future engineer (hopefully) it will be a great learning project

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
As parts an different combos arn't as common as the LS/chevy or 5L based engines it will be alot of learning, but can use alot of there ideas in areas! Best to start with a plan an stick to it with the engine, don't mix an match different types of combos. Have seen alot of wierd stuff and even more parts that have been OVER-KILL an just didn't make the hp

Miccydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
That does make sense about the overkill stealing hp. Its just like anything really, this build needs to be just right not everything possible