Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nastyness at the traffic lights.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I know I'm jealous, but I do my best to be considerate of the guys as I possibly can and I give them room to move when they do run up the line. At least that way they've got more room to move and are less likely to get caught on my mirror ;). Although I've surprisingly never seen that happen, I've seen some of them move their bikes in spaces that I'm SURE are smaller than their bikes ;).

seabs

Reaction score
Website
seabrook.homemail.com.au
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
you know whats even worse, cyclists on pushbikes who ride up the middle of the line and then, if that wasn't bad enough, they lean on yours, or who ever is at the front's car!! that frustrates me!

StormLord

Yes it is a bucket.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS & VN Berlina V6
i know someone that happened to, so he rolled forward, and the guy on the pushy fell over.....i bet he thought twice about doing it again heh

StormLord

Yes it is a bucket.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS & VN Berlina V6
Propane said:
i don't see what people find annoying about bikes going to the front when we are all sitting at the lights. Monday morning peak hour traffic, when a bike passes me to get to the front all im thinking is i wish i had a bike! :D

Bikes usually take off faster as well so its not like they hold up traffic. I just don’t see what irritates people :confused:

And just for the record, i agree 100% with this :thumbsup:

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
The only things that annoy me about cyclists is when they are in the left lane doing less than 40 during peak hour traffic causing all three lanes to jam up as people frantically try to get past, and then when they decide they want to turn at traffic lights which barely give enough time for three cars to go through under normal circumstances. They then silently head to the front of the already awaiting queue of cars and prevent any more than 1 or 2 getting through before the lights turn red again :mad: now THAT really gets my goat. IMO they should go to the footpath and get off the bike to cross at the pedestrian crossing rather than holding up traffic.

I am talking about pushbike riders... not motorcycles by the way!!! And those ones where the rider is like, lying down?!

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
DavidPartay said:
The only things that annoy me about cyclists is when they are in the left lane doing less than 40 during peak hour traffic causing all three lanes to jam up as people frantically try to get past, and then when they decide they want to turn at traffic lights which barely give enough time for three cars to go through under normal circumstances. They then silently head to the front of the already awaiting queue of cars and prevent any more than 1 or 2 getting through before the lights turn red again :mad: now THAT really gets my goat. IMO they should go to the footpath and get off the bike to cross at the pedestrian crossing rather than holding up traffic.

I am talking about pushbike riders... not motorcycles by the way!!! And those ones where the rider is like, lying down?!
i hate it when they dont ride in single file. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Yeah, that gets me too. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often!

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
Propane said:
i don't see what people find annoying about bikes going to the front when we are all sitting at the lights. Monday morning peak hour traffic, when a bike passes me to get to the front all im thinking is i wish i had a bike! :D

Bikes usually take off faster as well so its not like they hold up traffic. I just don’t see what irritates people :confused:

yeb agree with ya there,but it sh&ts me when they don'ttake off and just doddle way under the limit, I think to myself why the hell did you go up the front for :confused: Anyway you just got to look out for them. I know what it's like to ride a bike too.

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
dsont the law say a pushy gets up to 2meters of the lane from the left?

i dont think bikes are a problem as others have said i just dam i wish i could do that...they dont hold u up either, plus ive also had many cars come down the bike lane to sneak infront of peak hour traffic too...there the buggars that should be gettin in the ****.

but yeah, i dont think chassin them will do much good..... when ya kill him u still guan b the one going to jail, he snuk between the cars to the front aint guna do u much justice in court.

just my 2c