Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nastyness at the traffic lights.

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Mr_Thoughtfull said:
i hate it when they dont ride in single file. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The reason they don’t always ride in single file is because some people can’t judge distance and think they can squeeze past without moving into the right hand lane. It’s more of a safety thing.

On a side note, if you use the road you should have to pay some sort of registration.

Propane said:
i don't see what people find annoying about bikes going to the front when we are all sitting at the lights. Monday morning peak hour traffic, when a bike passes me to get to the front all im thinking is i wish i had a bike! :D

Bikes usually take off faster as well so its not like they hold up traffic. I just don’t see what irritates people :confused:

I totally agree.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Why can't people, all people, on a pushy, motorbike, car what ever just follow the bloody rules. The rules are there for everyone and none of us are above the law. I can understand the frustration at motorbike riders, 'making' another middle lane to suit themselves at red lights. I see this more often than not. I also see a lot of the time they won't even obey the red light, its soooo easy to cover the number plate with their hands.

As tempting as it may be to take the law into our own hands, (I always like to imagine opening a door just as they are about to pass me...) thats just stupid, its not our job. Just as we wouldn't chase after bank robbers. Best thing to do is to just let it go, in the end, if they are carrying on like ********s on a motorbike one day they will come off second best just a matter of time really.

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
I can't believe what was said at the start of this post.
Do you know why motorcycles go between cars and always speed up to get past?
When they are stuck behind your ass especially a massive commodore it is really hard to start spotting the pot holes in the road, especially now there is a drough on, there are more and more road hazards from dry soil. What happens when they hit a hole? Try and imagine! Why do they ride between cars at lights? Because some of us drivers are so inconsiderate to plug up our leaking sh!7box cars - the amounts of oil at traffic lights is probably enough to fill your sump once over. Let them get some of that oil on their tires then take a corner, not so pretty mate.
So Mr. UnThoughful give them a break or you will cross a bad tempered one sooner or later thats had enough crap from cars and he will give you a break or two. I've been looking to get a bike but its fools with that mind frame that have targets on the end of their bonnets to run people over that puts me off.

Julie

Reaction score
Members Ride
shazz308 said:
I can't believe what was said at the start of this post.
Do you know why motorcycles go between cars and always speed up to get past?
When they are stuck behind your ass especially a massive commodore it is really hard to start spotting the pot holes in the road, especially now there is a drough on, there are more and more road hazards from dry soil. What happens when they hit a hole? Try and imagine! Why do they ride between cars at lights? Because some of us drivers are so inconsiderate to plug up our leaking sh!7box cars - the amounts of oil at traffic lights is probably enough to fill your sump once over. Let them get some of that oil on their tires then take a corner, not so pretty mate.
So Mr. UnThoughful give them a break or you will cross a bad tempered one sooner or later thats had enough crap from cars and he will give you a break or two. I've been looking to get a bike but its fools with that mind frame that have targets on the end of their bonnets to run people over that puts me off.

I totally disagree here. What a load of rubbish. If they are stuck behind anyones ass that won't be problem. They should be following the same rules all motorists do. They should keep a safe distance from the car in front of them. Serious thats like me saying I'm gonna tear ass down the middle of 2 lanes between 2 trucks so I can better see potholes. Thats what the 3 sec. rule is for, if you maintain a safe distance from the car in front you are going to be able to see whats happening ahead, potholes, people slowing down accidents etc. If riders feel they have to break road rules to be safe well maybe thats an indication of their poor riding skills and maybe they should hand their licence back. Honestly do you think when they go sit for their test they would get away with **** like that?

And as for oil.... Is it only dangerous for bikes to have their tyres exposed to oil, or don't bikes use any form of oil.........

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Shazz.. If the motorbike rides keeping the correct distance between traffic he'd be able to spot the holes etc anyway.

i've got nothing against motorbike riders cutting down the middle lane. If the traffic is stopped and theres room, theres nothing dangerous about it, and we all know that a motorbike is probably the last thing thats going to hold me up.

I really don't see what the problem is. I know that once or twice I've gone, damn him I wish that was me skipping past 40 cars to get through and not get caught up in traffic. But if its not dangerous, whats the point?

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
Fair enough Julie,
I see where your coming from and I have to disagree with areas in your post. I was exaggurating when i said up someones ass, but there is an exception with some riders who will make a habbit of this. I agree that motorcyclists should follow the same rules and keep their distance from cars, but in this case we can see some drivers do go out of their way to make life hell for them so it can hardly be their fault for trying to overtake or ride faster to get out with their life.

"If riders feel they have to break road rules to be safe well maybe thats an indication of their poor riding skills and maybe they should hand their licence back."

Does this apply with cars aswell? Well im sure there would be a hell of a lot less cars on the road if everyone took it upon themselves to hand their licences back truthfully.

And as for 3 seconds. Can you honestly tell me that you always keep your 3 seconds no matter what the conditions or road? I agree that that we should all do it but there are times after merging lanes where its not possible, and we will find bikes "up our ass" so to speak.
And as for oil.... It would be great if they didnt have to use oil but yes they do. I think you should look at this situation a little deeper. Do you want to tell us that a bike having 2 tires rubbed in oil is generally the same as a cars front tire and rear tire in oil?
Personally I think its stupid people starting vandettas on the road, especially with motorbikes. It is unfortunate that roads are not more bike friendly to cater for everyone but youve gotta see it from their point of view aswell.

(This post has got to be some sort of a record, 5 pages in one day)

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
Mr_Thoughtfull said:
i hate it when they dont ride in single file. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

cyclists are allowed to ride two abreast totally legally but i dont do it cos i dont wanna be the one on the right

Julie

Reaction score
Members Ride
shazz308 said:
Fair enough Julie,
I see where your coming from and I have to disagree with areas in your post. I was exaggurating when i said up someones ass, but there is an exception with some riders who will make a habbit of this. I agree that motorcyclists should follow the same rules and keep their distance from cars, but in this case we can see some drivers do go out of their way to make life hell for them so it can hardly be their fault for trying to overtake or ride faster to get out with their life.)

I think I know where you are getting at here. Sometimes as motorists when we are 'intimidated' by larger vehicles (trucks) we just want to hurry up and get around and away from being boxed in or inconvenienced by a big ass slow truck. And this might be what is going on in some riders heads. But we don't have the convenience of tearing up the middle just to get away from trucks for 2 reasons, our cars are wider than bikes and its illegal. Now riders in the same situation have the benefit of riding something very narrow and physically capable of going up the middle but they shouldn't ignore the fact that it is still illegal.

I liken it to the situation where cars will tear ass up the breakdown lane to get ahead of traffic, they can physically do it but it is illegal and shits everyone off.

julie said:
"If riders feel they have to break road rules to be safe well maybe thats an indication of their poor riding skills and maybe they should hand their licence back."

shazz308 said:
Does this apply with cars aswell? Well im sure there would be a hell of a lot less cars on the road if everyone took it upon themselves to hand their licences back truthfully.

Absolutely it applies to cars. I'm not talking about people who will stray over the speed limit once in a blue moon. I am talking about people who consistently break rules with the excuse its not my fault.....blah blah and blame it on someone else. Its one thing to break a rule and cop it sweet and realise you have stuffed up its called learning from your mistakes. I also was refering to riders who believed they HAVE to break road rules in order to be safe, because they obviously haven't been taught properly.

shazz308 said:
And as for 3 seconds. Can you honestly tell me that you always keep your 3 seconds no matter what the conditions or road? I agree that that we should all do it but there are times after merging lanes where its not possible, and we will find bikes "up our ass" so to speak.

Well funnily enough wherever possible I keep at least 3 seconds gap, in wet, foggy weather /adverse conditions its a much bigger gap. It really annoys my hubby, I would rather have my 3 sec gap and be doing 70 in a 80 zone and watch what is going on whereas he would rather sit on a persons ass and do 80 :bang: I do this for many reasons, 1. I want to be a safe driver. 2. I don't want to put the lives of myself, my family or my unborn child or anyone else for that matter at any extra risk. 3. My hubby would kill me if I crashed the car lol. 4. I can't afford to lose my licence. By wherever possible thats what I literally mean too. Many cases it is impossible to keep that gap because of other impatient, irresponsible drivers.

shazz308 said:
And as for oil.... It would be great if they didnt have to use oil but yes they do. I think you should look at this situation a little deeper. Do you want to tell us that a bike having 2 tires rubbed in oil is generally the same as a cars front tire and rear tire in oil?
Personally I think its stupid people starting vandettas on the road, especially with motorbikes. It is unfortunate that roads are not more bike friendly to cater for everyone but youve gotta see it from their point of view aswell.

The oil thing fair enough, its gonna be worse for a bike, but it comes back to my point that you can't just chose to obey and disobey the rules at your own convenience. As for the vendetta thing I agree with you. And it is a shame the roads are not more bike friendly, but I think they are equally as 'unfriendly' for cars. Unfortunately thats life :(

shazz308 said:
(This post has got to be some sort of a record, 5 pages in one day)

LOL not quite, I think the word association game would take that title easily!

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
I think you pretty much summed up what I was thinking there Julie. As a victim of getting my car hit in from people behaving stupidly, it furiates me to hear of this happening on the roads so often to those who are vulnerable. I for one don't want to become a casualty from 'payback' that may or maynot have had the slightest or stupidest of reasons behind it.
It is all upto the individual in the end to make sure they dont kill themselves or ourselves... scary thought isnt it.

EDIT: Grammatical Error

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
things that piss me off on the road are
motorbikes
pushbikes
pedestrians
buses
trucks &
90% of the cars on the road