Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEED HELP - Gearbox Seals?

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Picking up the car this afternoon. He reckons it will make it by just topping it up half way and before we head off. I bought 2 litres of Castrol TQ-D111 as that was in the catalogue thing and the guy said thats the one you will need for a VS 4 speed auto. Only cost $10 for each litre

Hopefully all goes to plan!

Sgt Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Statesman
hey man im not trying to be a party pooper but driving home with a gearbox thats leaking that much oil over the road... are you trying to cause an accident.. maybe not for you but the oil on the road for someone else?? its not just a few drips an auto trans holds over 5 litres of oil... my opinion not cool..

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got the car back fine with no problems. When we arrived at the sellers housE, we suddenly spotted the leak. It was only the hose going to the gearbos that's just under the engine at the front of the car (i don't know mechanics, forgot what its called) so in the end that's all ot was. Fixed it there and then

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It sounds like it was a leaking transmission cooler line.Its always good when it turns out to be an easy fix.Good one.