Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some advice..2.5" X-Force catback

2010_SSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SSV Redline 2014
I purchased 2014 SSV Redline VF a few weeks back. It has installed a 2.5" X-Force catback system already.My dilemma is do I keep the catback system and just add OTR,Cats,headers and tune? OR do I get the full performance pack with another catback system? All the places I've rang have quoted around 2K less because of the catback system installed...Appreciate any help or advice,guys cheers......

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I'd ditch the xforce. Put something nice on it and sell the Xforce system on eBay.

Steveaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Going to get super mixed responses here I'd honestly say, people either love X-Force or hate it. 2k seems pretty big though considering you can buy a Catback system from X-Force with the right (legit) distributor for like 600 dollars and even a non stainless Manta system is like $1,300. Personally If they are quoting 2k less because of that I'd get a Catback you definitely want yourself then go ahead with it?

2010_SSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes stainless Arron and no to the cam and blower......

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Then I would grab some HSV headers with cats and VCM OTR and tune the engine and gearbox if its not manual. STD cats keep the noise down and dont hurt power till over 400rwhp (300kw). Under this power most large exhausts and headers dont give much extra torque or HP for money spent. maybe throw a set of theses on as well. -http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161098846297?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Take a look -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQO77IeWIlg

Take a look at this.

Oz Garage S02E09 Online - Exhaust Comparo | OzGarage

2010_SSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well this set the cats amongst the pigeons Arron... A third option now and what an informative video, many thanks my friend....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It will come down to how you want it to sound and perform. Nothing beats long tube 4-1's for that definite V8 note, high flow cats and a good system will see better gains up top without hurting bottom end. The above option is a good one also, but for the best results, and for future proofing, go big first. The tune will control power and torque more than the system, and if you feel you want more out of it down the track, you don't have to upgrade the exhaust again.

Just another opinion in the mix.

2010_SSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks NAAF.... How are those Manta systems going...pity I'm not in WA......