Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some advice..2.5" X-Force catback

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Ordered a set. The old OE leads come off easy I assume?

They're easy enough to remove if you do it the right way.

You need a firm grip and turn them counter clockwise as you pull.

Always pull using the boot and not the lead otherwise you may break the wire inside.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
They're easy enough to remove if you do it the right way.

You need a firm grip and turn them counter clockwise as you pull.

Always pull using the boot and not the lead otherwise you may break the wire inside.

Fitted the leads. I thought my car idled well but like aaronm noticed a slightly better idle which I didn't think was possible. My main reason for fitting the leads was to get a better spark for the E85 especially with the colder temps coming on. Maybe placebo but the claim of improved torque may be true. I notice it doesn't kick back a gear as early as it used too under normal driving conditions. Then again could be all in my mind.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I experimented on a mates car a few years ago, was a VY SS, we did a few upgrades over the years he had it, and he was convinced that bigger leads will be better even though my opinion was leads are leads are leads. Anyway, he got a set of 10mm leads, I told him I would fit them and to run down to the bottle shop to get a carton while I did it. He came back, took the car for a drive and said it went better. I then showed him his new leads still in the box. We laughed, we drank, and he took the leads back to where he bought them.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
It's not so much the size, but the core material. This impacts greatly on resistance. Back in the day I fitted solid leads to all my cars.

Did wonders for the radio though