Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New speakers worse than stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
thats coz ppl dont wanna spend money or even look into wat other series r made in certain brands that they can offer. but saying fusion is crap as a whole is the reason they do this coz they read stupid posts like this.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon
....nope I was telling him that in his budget he'd only get ass in a bucket from fusion, and the market does not demand stuff that sounds terrible, that's why there are so many successful brands making good speakers on a decent budget, maybe you and fusion should collectively remove your heads from your bottoms...and make a mid-range product that isn't woeful...then people will buy it and fusion will get a better reputation...until then...shoosh you.

Powerplant IS a midrange product that isn't woeful. And if the market didn't demand stuff that sounds terrible the Encounter range wouldn't exist. Neither would Alpines low end ranges, neither would Pioneers low end ranges, neither would Clarion's low end ranges and Audioline wouldn't exist at all. And JB Hi Fi would be bankrupt. Fact of the matter is the majority of people don't understand car audio because it isn't their hobby, and they trust the salestool at JB. You spreading misinformation certainly isn't helping.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
You can get the PP series components for $178 and the CA40700 for $139. That will give you 160 rms either side, and for $317 that's cracking good tunes up front.

I've installed a few set's of the EN series and ok i wasn't impressed, but speakers at that price range don't really float my boat. However i've also installed the PP series and i was very surprised at their performance (for the price). I've also used a number of Fusion amps, PP and the current CA range, and as far as watts per dollar they were about the best thing going since OA became a little hard to find.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
thanks, I might look into them for the front doors.
I'm fairly happy with the Kicker rears. But now it's just highlighted how scratchy & ear piercing the Pioneer fronts are. So for the short term I've wound the fader to around 80% rear.
Which model speakers?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
can't remember to be honest. They would be a few years old now.
I'll let you know when I rip them out and chuck them in the bin along with my old Pioneer 6x9 rears that were equally as crap ;)
Did you even demo them before buying? Or did you just buy cheap speakers without hearing them?

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
Yeah both are good quality for the lower end of the scale.

Sorry but pioneer belongs with it's name back with pioneers.
They have sold out to s..t city.
I cant even hear them in the back of my VS unless I Fade the front out to near nothing.

If you want good soung at next to no cost take some spearkers out of an aging home stereo system. They will sound heaps better that the new junk.
I think even Kicker are over rated and over prices.

Before they got stolen I had a great set of MTX speakers.
Fronts were 6" split system with crossover.
Rear I used 2X 10" in a box I built especially for the ocasion. It thumped.
The magnets are the main thing to look at. If they are not at least 8mm thick forget it.
Also make sure it is the magnet your looking at and not a rubber cover that hides it's "punyness"
Nowadays the more you pay the better they look. (unless you go to a professional store. Hmmm do they even have any PRO stores in Australia)
I'm pretty sure you will only be able to buy in Australia what the American's dont want!!!
Can you get MTX in Aus.

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
thats coz ppl dont wanna spend money or even look into wat other series r made in certain brands that they can offer. but saying fusion is crap as a whole is the reason they do this coz they read stupid posts like this.

Did you buy FUSION then. :rofl2:

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon
I just find it funny that you two little girlies are getting your panties in a bunch because people don't like an audio brand, get over it....I'm sure when you play your One Direction & Miley Cyrus CD's on your Fusion sound systems they sound super :thumbsup:.
I don't give a **** what you like or don't like, if you're gonna give somebody advice you need to be objective instead of just offering your uninformed opinion. As far as my music goes, anything sounds good when it's being produced by Dynaudio drivers.
If you want good soung at next to no cost take some spearkers out of an aging home stereo system. They will sound heaps better that the new junk.
I think even Kicker are over rated and over prices.
Home audio drivers are made to be used in a very different environment to a car. There's some that match and some that don't. Oftentimes the impedance of a home audio driver won't be suitable for in car use.

The magnets are the main thing to look at. If they are not at least 8mm thick forget it.
Also make sure it is the magnet your looking at and not a rubber cover that hides it's "punyness"
What if the driver uses a neodymium magnet rather than a conventional magnet?

Nowadays the more you pay the better they look. (unless you go to a professional store. Hmmm do they even have any PRO stores in Australia)
There's plenty of good car audio stores in Australia. FHRX, the various Northfield stores. Audio Indulgence is the closest proper car audio store near me and I can vouch for their expertise and knowledge.
I'm pretty sure you will only be able to buy in Australia what the American's dont want!!!
Rubbish, you can get almost anything here. It may cost more but it's definitely available.
Can you get MTX in Aus.
Yes, along with plenty of other far better brands.
Did you buy FUSION then. :rofl2:
I can't speak for wrx but I bought Dynaudio. You don't need to own products from a company to defend them against people who don't know what they're on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.