Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New System, Looking For More Info

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
stuff the haters

1285454136_123887849_1-Fotos-de--Subwoofer-Mtx-Jack-Hammer-22-Polegadas-1285454136.jpg

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Sweet man. I'm going to post a few pieces of audio gear abit later and see what people think. Quick question but, would I need to upgrade the existing wiring that I have to compensate for better gear or should what I have to power my existing sub and amp be fine?

Cheers

If you can afford it go for it. Probably best for run 0 gauge so you never have to upgrade and If you want to run 2 amps you can run the 0 gauge to a block.

I had 8 gauge (eBay stuff, was crap, more like 10 gauge) and upgraded to 4 gauge which was heaps better. I'm gonna run 2 amps but the new amp I'm buying is going to have a 4 gauge wiring kit so ill just run 2 power cables :p

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Cone surface area / enclosure volume / power. You have neither of the 3, and for your money unless your very good with word working skills, 600 bucks won't even get you close.

Only thing i could think of an reccomend is something like a Mach 5 ixl 18, a very large ported enclosure 5cu ft or there abouts, and something like a Jaycar response mono which you could strap later on down the track...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
750wrms+... you won't be using that for camping.

Battery says no.

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri

Your wasting your time, its not about just picking 10 drivers that you think you like. You have to pick the type of application, determine how much space, power ect is available, find a driver to suit.

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
Your wasting your time, its not about just picking 10 drivers that you think you like. You have to pick the type of application, determine how much space, power ect is available, find a driver to suit.

Dude.. What?? If I was looking for a full system around $1000-$2000 mark then I might take that on board.

I want a sub and amp for around $400-$600, I want it to sound good and I want the bass to be hard and fast for my type of music. I want it to rattle my car and windows, I'm not trying to rattle my neighbours balls with bass. I'll more then likely build a box almost as big as the recommended max size, and so it still fits in my boot, if thats what I need to do. But I'm not going to get hell technical and start figuring out E=mc2 type **** just for a cheapish sub and amp haha

So, for around $400-$600 (cheapest bang for buck) what sub and amp do you recommend then? What size box should build for it? Give me them kind of technicals and we'll be working.