Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New System, Looking For More Info

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
Sounds like you just want something to doof around town in...

You're sacrificing music quality for cheap, dirty bass.

Doof around town? No, I just want quality for the budget I have. I clearly said I'm not looking for a "sound off" style system. I just wanted to upgrade my current gutless system to something with more balls but I didnt realise it took so much effort and thought. I thought I would get a few recommendations and I'd see what looked/sounded best and off I'd go. But obviously not. With you butting in with stupid pictures and useless posts such as the one I'm quoting, it gets me no where. So yea, good day to you!

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Doof around town? No, I just want quality for the budget I have. I clearly said I'm not looking for a "sound off" style system. I just wanted to upgrade my current gutless system to something with more balls but I didnt realise it took so much effort and thought. I thought I would get a few recommendations and I'd see what looked/sounded best and off I'd go. But obviously not. With you butting in with stupid pictures and useless posts such as the one I'm quoting, it gets me no where. So yea, good day to you!

Don't get all emotional now. Stop stressing out and just do what Fun_Bucket says.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
You're the one winging about dirty bass princess. Back to ya corner now.

BAHAHAHAHAHA. Ha. Ha..

Great, now i have hiccups from laughing :/

Do what Fun_Bucket says.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Would you recommend something like this to power it?
DS18 DS4000.1D Car Amplifier 40000W - ($298.85)RYDA Car Audio
If not, what do you recommend?

I took your information on board, somewhat, and went to a car audio shop this morning. The bloke recommended this:

Soundstream T5-15 15" 4ohm rated at 1000w RMS for $400

Kenwood (cant remember model) monoblock 900w RMS x 1 at 4ohm for $250

Do you think they are decent products and decent prices? If not, then I will just stick with your advice and try and grab one of the Mach 5IXL and see how it goes.

Hope you get back to me soon because this guy can do my car at 11AM but would like your input 1st.

Cheers.

You keep leaving out the key factor, the subwoofers enclosure. What is it going in? Each time you put a link up to a sub it means nothing. If you put a link to a sub and the plans to an enclosure and modelled it in a program then we have a start.

No i wouldn't go with the amp, i'd go with the one i said to go with, did you not read that part? Jaycar response mono, is cheaper, better built, and can be strapped.

But if your not wanting to put the time in to get the results, then your probably just better off going with what ever Ryda wants to put in your car for you.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
If it helps...I own a retail store that sells many things and the one th8ng that I would love to get my hands on to sell is Response Amplifiers. But there is no way I would tell a customer that.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Ok so I've decided to update my weak ass system that I am running at the moment. My main reason for upgrading is, well.. The lack of bass. Currently running a 150-200w RMS sub at the moment and although I can feel and hear the bass in the cabin, once you step out and close the doors you can't really tell I have a sub at all, you just hear audio. I want to be able to hear and feel the bass from meters away.

I listen to alot of drum & bass, hardstyle ect.. with quick bass hits, so Iwant really hard hitting bass, but want to keep the bass hits tight and clear. I have been looking at the Kicker S12L74, with 750w RMS but I have read more bad then good.

750w RMS seems like a good ball park figure for what I am after so if anyone has opinions on subwoofers similar to that of the kicker and that can deal with the quicker beats then I'd like to check them out. I'd like to pay anything under $400 for the sub (preferable boxed in the correct sized box)

Also, abit of information about what type of amplifier I should look for that will power 750w RMS give or take. Something not overly prices, maybe $200 if it is do-able?

Cheers

Sounds like you'd like to plug n' play a whole new decent sounding system with not too much dosh. If this is the case, you could try these guys which are up the road (from me anyways) VFM Audio they do dual 12" subs in a box which would be solid combined with their 2 channel amp. Decent Splits in the front Alpine Type R Splits & good coaxial parcel shelf speakers like 6.5" Vibe Slicks will make a big difference running off their 4 channel amp. Get a decent Aerpro "O" Gauge Wiring kit to run it all. Price would be around 900 for everything mentioned :- so that's a dual sub with an amp to power it, full power wiring kit, 4 channel amp with front splits & rear coaxials. Run a power feed off the distribution block, to some small fans off a relay which is triggered by the remote wire to cool the amps when in operation. Sound dampening throughout the car is very important, this will be more time & $$$ - but the sound quality will be 10 fold better.

Last edited:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Ignore the **** he just dribbled.

If you really want i can sell you something, i have a pair of Peerless xxls 12'' subs that have done about 10 hrs, and an Audison sr1dk. The amp goes for about $550 and the subs about $250 each. I'll box the lot up and ship it for 550 bucks because i've had no luck selling it locally.

Then you can kick back and enjoy your beats and know you didn't waste your money on some garbage.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Ignore the **** he just dribbled.

If you really want i can sell you something, i have a pair of Peerless xxls 12'' subs that have done about 10 hrs, and an Audison sr1dk. The amp goes for about $550 and the subs about $250 each. I'll box the lot up and ship it for 550 bucks because i've had no luck selling it locally.

Then you can kick back and enjoy your beats and know you didn't waste your money on some garbage.

You would be silly to turn this offer down. I think Fun_Bucket might even be able to help you with box dimensions to.