Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan's V8 Supercar revealed

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Yep and I think the overseas interest will grow even faster. I just hope the officials are up to it

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
so the nissan engine is quad cam and in production, so is holden still gonna use the holden motorsport 5L or is holden now gonna use the LS2 or L98, are the power restrictions still capped at 650hp ?

i doubt it. maybe some of the newer teams might, but the big hitters have spent lots of dollars and time perfecting their current engines. why throw all that away until you at least know it NEEDS to be changed to match the nissan and merc.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
so the nissan engine is quad cam and in production, so is holden still gonna use the holden motorsport 5L or is holden now gonna use the LS2 or L98, are the power restrictions still capped at 650hp ?

The current 5L is bulletproof. They are extremely reliable, tried and tested and theres more in them if they open up the field a bit more.

They wont be changing anytime soon.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Does anyone else see a slight resemblance of a VE commodore when this thing is side on?
Or am I that one eyed holden when it comes to V8 supercars that all I see is Holden?

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
The girlfriends dad has a mate working on this car for the Kelly brothers. Apparently the rear wheels have to much travel and are bottoming out and hitting on the inside of the wheel arch.
Iv been told its not going to be an easy fix and someone is in alot of s###.

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
I think they need to drop the v8 only requirement. Bring back some nimble 2.liters that are fast in corners but lack legs on the straight. So lots more overtaking going on .

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Does anyone else see a slight resemblance of a VE commodore when this thing is side on?
Or am I that one eyed holden when it comes to V8 supercars that all I see is Holden?

Nah I thought the same thing. Saw first pic and said...so its a commodore with Altima written on the side.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0

No way, as has been pointed out the current generation 5 litre pushrod v8's (Chev or Ford) are a tried and tested combination that have proven to be near on indestructable. I'd be really surprised if the Nissan V8's hit the ground running anyway, there will be teething problems IMO. People need to realise that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a pushrod engine.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L

Very Commo looking IMHO. In fact the way the rules are for this class of racing all 4 cars in it are just about the same, are they not?