Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No surprise

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
So long as i can still get parts for my vf i dont even care.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V & VU S1
Top gear did a great Saab retrospective, highlighting their great cars and how much they re-engineered the Opel/Vauxhall bases to their own ideologies. The drop test result is striking

Yeah I remember watching that.
GM: "okay Saab, here is a Vauxhall Insignia for you to sell..."
Saab: "Yeah. It's not good enough"
:D

Pretty much the same response the buying public had on the new Insignia aka ZB aka NG

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
All just switched to Volvo probably, apart from the Saab fanatics.

Unfortunately we can't just switch loyalties to the Falcon Car Company with its full range of sedan, coupe, ute and SUV. If we could, I would.

mxp_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Searching ....
Was always going to happen considering the reduced offering and abysmal sales figures.

There is prestige in being a car manufacturing nation, shame it’s now totally disappeared

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
There is prestige in being a car manufacturing nation, shame it’s now totally disappeared

That prestige disappeared in Oct 2017.

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
They were; us; Japan; Thailand and Sth Africa I think are GMs only RHD market....with sales moving to SUVs and Holden getting there bum whacked in every category it’s just business. Stop making RHD cars for such a small market. You see a lot of good product in a lot on varying industries not make it to our shores; because the cost of bringing it to our market outstrips the potential for sales as our population is low in comparison to other world markets.
Actually it had been profitable for Opel to make RHD cars (Vauxhall). But strangely, after the poms voted for Brexit, Vauxhall sales declined.

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Actually it had been profitable for Opel to make RHD cars (Vauxhall). But strangely, after the poms voted for Brexit, Vauxhall sales declined.
Maybe because we were silly enough to take the Opel on. Those Barinas and Astras and the latest hate to even call it one “commodore”......they were not making enough out of RHD and that was why they scrapped it; markets not big enough to keep pushing

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
Is it only holden vehicles getting priced slashed or the HSV (Colarado sportscat) ones as well ?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Is it only holden vehicles getting priced slashed or the HSV (Colarado sportscat) ones as well ?
considering a sports cat is just a regular colorado with stickers,seats,brakes and suspension i would expect that they will eventually drop the price just to get rid of them.

the sports cat has a small market because anyone that looks into one will find that the important things are no different to a regular colorado and it is more targeted to those people that think a hsv or walkinshaw logo on a vehicle with a 2.8l 4cyl diesel with "racing brakes" is cool.

a 10~20k markup for what you actually get is just not worth it
collie.jpg

Last edited:

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Maybe because we were silly enough to take the Opel on. Those Barinas and Astras and the latest hate to even call it one “commodore”......they were not making enough out of RHD and that was why they scrapped it; markets not big enough to keep pushing

Opel has 10 manufacturing plants, won 5 European Car of the Year titles, been nominated for 11 more, has over 30,000 employees, sell around 700,000 vehicles annually as of 2019, are currently increasing their market share, have 8 new models ready for an end of 2020 release including new electric variants and have an increasing revenue of around $20 billion dollars.

They don't appear to be doing too bad for a company that you'd be silly to take on.